What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Value on a Low Mile Firebird v6 with Ram Hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Value on a Low Mile Firebird v6 with Ram Hood

HI, just wondering if I can get some help putting a value on my car. Getting ready to move and wont have the storage space for the car anymore. So, I am thinking about selling it and don't really have a good feel for what the car is worth. Granted it's only a v6, but I bought the car a few years back as a part of my collection. Its stored year round, driven in the summer a couple times for maybe 100 miles, just to keep things lubed. It has never seen snow/salt and hardly any rain.

The car:
  • 2002 Firebird v6 T-tops
  • 29k orig miles.
  • Completely stock with the exception of a brand new OEM Ram Air hood from a TA that has been on a shelf in storage since 2002, which I paid $1700, and a set of 1.00" wheel spacers on the back.
The car is like new inside and out, no corrosion or rust. The interior is spotless even the carpet. The only thing I replaces on it was the battery and a set of premium Napa brake pads and rotors, didn't really need them just wanted to get the car back to a new condition as possible.

Trying to price out other cars, but not finding any v6 with really low miles and especially a Ram hood.

Thanks for the help!!
Bill
Attached Thumbnails Value on a Low Mile Firebird v6 with Ram Hood-imag1580.jpg   Value on a Low Mile Firebird v6 with Ram Hood-imag1690.jpg   Value on a Low Mile Firebird v6 with Ram Hood-a1.jpg   Value on a Low Mile Firebird v6 with Ram Hood-b2.jpg   Value on a Low Mile Firebird v6 with Ram Hood-imag1680.jpg  

Old 03-27-2017, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As a clean, low mileage V6, those don't grow on trees. Even with an automatic. It will make a nice toy/driver for someone....hopefully in a warm climate where the car won't deteriorate much.

If it were a V8 Trans Am in that condition, it would be an easy $10K car....maybe even a bit more. Maybe $2K-$3K less for the V6? Should be a $7K-$8K car all day long that clean and low mileage. You can shoot for up to $10K as I think dealers would. How do prices run for these on autotrader.com?
Old 03-27-2017, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Firebrain,

Ya, that's what I was thinking around the $7500 with the stock Firebird hood, and around $9k to $9500 with the Ram Air hood. I could sell the OEM Ram hood, but then I go through the hassle of shipping and a shipping container.

Not much for other listings in my area, just 100k plus mile cars for anywhere between 3k to 7k.

Don't I wish it was a v8 TA, but I have another monster that fits that ticket.

thx
Bill
Old 04-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Launching!

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

maybe a kid would buy it at that price. great looking car but at that price point you can buy better things IMO

Quick Reply: Value on a Low Mile Firebird v6 with Ram Hood