What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 CamaroSS 170K mi Original Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 CamaroSS 170K mi Original Owner

I'd like to get some feedback on pricing - I am the original owner with all SLP paperwork, birth certificate etc.

Basics: 2002 Camaro SS hardtop.
lt pewter metallic exterior, natural leather interior (currently with OEM black leather seats and black seat belts - have original seats and belts which are in fine condition) A4 automatic 170K mi. Paint is what you'd expect after 170K miles, no hits a couple of dings and scratches but pretty good for a car that did 125 miles / day on the PA/NJ turnpike for years and is now in semi retirement (driven a couple of days each week to work - 30 miles round trip).

Details: Ordered from SLP with Level 1 suspension. Replaced with Koni adjustable shocks, UMI double adjustable front control arms upper and lower / double adjustable rear control arms, Strano sway bars,
Misc stuff: SLP lid, smooth bellows, window motors incl passenger double pole switch mod
Interior: new console lid, replacement speakers for original Monsoon radio. No dash cracks, all instruments working.

Reliability: A/C working nice and cold, just replaced PS pump, cooler,
heater core, all pulleys, tensioners and drive belts.
Replaced coils/wires/plugs/cats less than 2 years ago
Major maintenance done at 100K miles (waterpump, plugs/wires, transmission filter/fluid change)

New 275/40/17 summer rubber on AFS corvette zr1 wheels, have winter tires on OEM wheels too

No real mods, I don't count the round exhaust pipe.

Let me know what you think. I'd like her to go to a good home. While I know that it's not worth a lot, I don't want to give it away and I'm not in a rush.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2017, 08:07 AM
Teching In

With those miles and it being an A4, it is probably worth more to you as a second car than it is on the market.

With that said, I would see a value in the $4500 range IMO
Old 09-26-2017, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Big plus being the original owner, I would start at $6,500.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys - I would like to keep her, but I don't have the garage space. I know that the summer driving season is gone, so I may not get a lot of interest if I try to sell right now but I do think that the numbers that you've provided are a good place to start. There's always next year!
Old 09-28-2017, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

$6500 may be a little high...I was thinking $5000. I also say keep it...its worth more to you than anyone else. I'm sure you enjoyed it all these years.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:11 PM
Teching In

I completely agree that it's worth more to me than anyone else and yes it's been a lot of fun to drive for all these years. Plus, now that I have a 2013 CamaroSS for a daily driver, I should be able to make the case that it's time for all the mods I never did in the past for the sake of reliability. All I have to do now is convince the one who matters most on the merits of keeping the '02 - no easy task for one born without a silver tongue. (On the other hand the $5K could go for new heads for the 'vette). Decisions, decisions!

Quick Reply: 2002 CamaroSS 170K mi Original Owner