What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

95 Trans am Vert worth

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Trans am Vert worth

In the market for a car for college, so I've been searching for 6 months to find a Trans Am or even base Firebird for 3k. found this convertible trans am at a dealership for the asking price of 3k it has 121k miles and the interior from the pics looks great clean title aswell, would you guy's pay 3k for it? I'm truly more interested in t-top cars but verts are pretty attractive as well.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Comes down to what it needs. Tires? Suspension? Fluids? The list is potentially endless. If the front seat cover replacement is indicative of the last owner's attention to detail...I'd probably pass. While $3K is a great price for a decent looking original paint car needing very little....it could be a burial too where you might end up at $5K-$7K in a few years. Fwiw I sold my 1998 Z28 with 115K miles back in 2009 for $3000. It needed something in suspension (clunks and bonks) and the AC wasn't working. Other than that clean paint, no blisters or spots, clean interior w/o rips-tears-stains. The drive train was solid too. If you can get everything needed for the next 5 yrs done for no more than $5K, probably a fair deal. My own preference would be to seek out a well kept, 50k mile car and pay around $5K-$7K for it. If you can do all the work yourself, then go for it at $3K. But, since this is a college car, doesn't sound like you'll have tons of time to be wrenching when things break down out of the blue.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebrian
Comes down to what it needs. Tires? Suspension? Fluids? The list is potentially endless. If the front seat cover replacement is indicative of the last owner's attention to detail...I'd probably pass. While $3K is a great price for a decent looking original paint car needing very little....it could be a burial too where you might end up at $5K-$7K in a few years. Fwiw I sold my 1998 Z28 with 115K miles back in 2009 for $3000. It needed something in suspension (clunks and bonks) and the AC wasn't working. Other than that clean paint, no blisters or spots, clean interior w/o rips-tears-stains. The drive train was solid too. If you can get everything needed for the next 5 yrs done for no more than $5K, probably a fair deal. My own preference would be to seek out a well kept, 50k mile car and pay around $5K-$7K for it. If you can do all the work yourself, then go for it at $3K. But, since this is a college car, doesn't sound like you'll have tons of time to be wrenching when things break down out of the blue.
I ended up buying it, we got it checked out, and it passed. So the cons on it was the back seats were ripped at the top I just keep them folded down till I replace them, the top wouldn't go up on its own, and the windshield is slightly cracked. It has ac, idk about the heat yet haven't tried. It drove fine and sounded fine, had alot of new parts to it. I bought it and drove hour home. Wish I would've seen your response before buying it so quickly just to know your story.

Nonetheless thanks for the response.

Quick Reply: 95 Trans am Vert worth