What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

01 SS Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 01 SS Camaro

What is it worth🤷🏻‍♂️
2001 6 speed SS Camaro with 71 k miles
late built with the ls6 block and intake from factory “Lucky Camaro” is what they are called.
strano 4-4 full suspension
long tube headers with cats
LM2 cat back
Full adjustable torque arm
Full adjustable pan hard bar
Box lower arms “ original length “
Rear 10bolt support cover “aluminum “
Blackwing lid with Cold Pack
New Tick Monster Stage 1 clutch complete kit with adjustable master cylinder and remote bleeder
New Tick Short shifter
Vise racing carbon hood “have original as well”
Both window motores replaced
New streering Pims replaced “ no more free play/ slop.
Both front wheel hubs replaced
Brembo drilled rotors
Hawk Track pads
Motul 600 brake fluid
Front disk cold air ducts
Also have new GM sail panel
Tuned by Vengenes…360-360 at wheels

Old 09-02-2021, 06:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sweet ride there for sure but modded 'tuned' cars have become tough to price lately. 'Stock' examples have definitely risen over the past year. If your ride is as nice as it looks, in 'stock' form I would say it is worth in the low teens right up to $15k. That's what Car & Driver quoted recently for clean Camaros. Hagerty as well.
Modded?? If the old thought process of mods being only worth extra to the current owner, perhaps your car would be in the same neighborhood. Some folks would pay extra while others shy away for fear of abuse, whether real or imagined.
By the way I responded to your thread in the General Discussion section. Best of luck if you sell, or just mod your car further.
The following users liked this post:
spdygon (09-03-2021)
Old 09-03-2021, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 155 Likes on 129 Posts

I responded in your other thread as well and was going to mention this but didn't want to muddy the other thread.

​​​​​​Before I would sink $10k into the engine I would sell and look to buy one done. Reason being is with bigger power your rear is on borrowed time. So there is $3k minimum. How is your transmission? If never rebuilt it probably could use a rebuild at a minimum or need beefed up for the extra power. Plan on $2-3k minimum. How's the clutch? Probably needs upgraded to handle the additional power. There's another $1k+. Most likely need a custom driveshaft to handle the extra power. Another $1k.

To do it right you're taking $7k minimum on top of the new engine just to ensure your car can handle the power and that you can actually use it. You can find a very modded car that's done right, most though are not (just my opinion) as most people tend to cut corners, for the sale price of your car and probably another $10k.

Just a suggestion.
The following users liked this post:
spdygon (09-03-2021)

Quick Reply: 01 SS Camaro