Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Finally had time to swap the tires/rims used for my ride back from LG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally had time to swap the tires/rims used for my ride back from LG Motorsports

Holy **** what a MF'ing difference !!! I drove my 517.3 rwhp 513.8 rwtq ls2 based 402 from Wiley, TX (LG Motorsports) to Metro Detroit on the OEM goodyear runflats and all she did was spin 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. No fun trying to take off from a stop but they did perform flawless on the expressway. RUN FLAT capability was a real bonus in the event I had an issue on the trip home, I would be able to drive to a service center vs waiting for a tow truck.

Well heres what I did, I swapped the runflats for some Nitto drags in the back 305 35r18 and Michelin PS2 265r17 up front. These tires are mounted on chrome c5zo6 wheels ( so here we go again, with the is it a zo6? ) and the car looks 100% better in my opinion. I drive the car out into the street and give her some gas, nothing but spin. Duh, lets warm them up first. By the time I get to my buddies the tires are warm. I check the PSI and the DRs are 32 warm, so I take them down to 29 psi and leave the Michelins up front at 32 psi. I go back on to the street and try to get 1st to hook up, won't hold for ****. I try again but with less throttle and she's holding, so I ease to near WOT and nail second then stand on it. NO SPIN in second !!! I was so F**king happy I almost forgot to shift into 3rd. TRACTION makes a car feel so much quicker/faster, its absolutely amazing. So I catch a light and the tires are very warm now and this is new asphalt. I ride out 1st a bit then get on it and she only spins a little. I hit second and the car just leaps forward NO SPIN. I bang 3rd gear and before you know it I am doing 110 mph !! If I can drive like this at the track I should post some very nice numbers !!!!

Anyways, thanks for reading and please post up your wheel/tire combination.

Great job to the guys at LG Motorsports. You guys really built a monster here. Who says you need a huge cam and monster heads to make power ? Afr 205s 58cc and G6X3 cam. Very mild h/c setup for a 402 don't you think? All I can say is show me someone else making nearly 514 rwtq with a 402 similar to mine. LG Motorsports, "where money buys speed !!!"
Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from playing, not much going on even though its Saturday night. Still a little too cold. Good news, even though its cool/cold the Nittos once warm still were grabbing and holding Second gear @ WOT !! God damn theres no replacement for displacement !!

Thanks to LG Motorsports !!