Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How do I remove a stripped wheel stud from a 3 channel rear?

Old 06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I remove a stripped wheel stud from a 3 channel rear?

I have the car in the signature below, has a 3 channel abs rear-end. I figured this out when I was looking for the hole in the backing plate to hammer the stud thru - no abs sensors, crap. It looks like you'd have close to enough room to wiggle stockers out, but I don't want to get it loose in there, and then not be able to get it tight, and not be able to pull it back into the axle because the first 2 or so threads are messed up. How have you guys gotten stock length studs in and out of a 3 channel rear?
Old 06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just swapped out 4 of the 5 studs on the driver side of my 3ch 12bolt over the weekend. they were the stock size studs and they did work by angling them. i dont think there is any difference between the 10 and 12 bolt as the brakes were the same. you could always cut the one that is in there now so then it wont get stuck trying to knock it out.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stealth355tpi
just swapped out 4 of the 5 studs on the driver side of my 3ch 12bolt over the weekend. they were the stock size studs and they did work by angling them. i dont think there is any difference between the 10 and 12 bolt as the brakes were the same. you could always cut the one that is in there now so then it wont get stuck trying to knock it out.
I guess I'll give that a try - it certainly looked like it would be close - thats the encouragement I needed to just go ahead and bang the stupid thing loose and see what I can get away with.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

I've always just hammered them out.

Search this Thread