Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Anybody have 15x6 or 15x7 Street Lites?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody have 15x6 or 15x7 Street Lites?

Haven't seen anybody with these yet. I don't know if they'll fit, but it seems like it would be a good choice to run with the 15x10 fbody specific rear for people that want to run them all the time. Anybody know if they'll fit, or have pictures? Thanks guys.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I think 15's for typical street driving is not very good...but if you guys want it I can build them.

If you're looking to run 15's and demand those sizes, I can build anything from 15x4" to 15x17" in our road race styles (in half inch increments). Our road race designs will be more durable than all street/strip design. They are designed to handle road racing applications which places very high-stress lateral loads for a long duration of time.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Teching In

You can make me BS Street Lites in that size that will fit, or are you trying to sell me some Bogarts that I don't want and wasn't asking about?
Old 06-20-2009, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

No I cannot build you a different manufactures wheel.

I'm giving you a choice of which can be built and fit that of which there are none others.

I'm giving you an option that is stronger and more durable than Billets 4" wheel of which you don't want anyways.

Billet lite's design looks very very similar to our RT wheel.

We even offer billet caps which are very sharp. If you wanted a varied design of one of our other products, I could entertain that as well.

Please let me know any other concerns. I can build you about 10 different style wheels and I am offering you a solution to your question, so I'm a bit confused as to why you wouldn't entertain the option?

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 06-20-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

15x6s and 15x7s look so gay with 15x10s. If you're going to do the "slicks & skinnies" thing at least do it right.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, and 15x4 Street Lites dont even fit without taking an angle grinder to your calipars, 15x7s are only going to require more grinding.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Let me explain what I'm looking for and my thought process so maybe someone can come with a better alternative. I want a street/strip setup that I can run all the time. I only want to own 1 set. The wheels need to be lightweight enough give me some help at the track, but durable enough drive on the street. I might do the BS Street Lite 17x11 and 17x7 setup that some people have, but a 15 would hook better and I really like the look of the thicker profile. They look more intimidating and serious on the street. I don't want to run a really soft tire on the 17 to compensate because I don't want to be buying tires every couple thousand miles. I figure the 15 will help with not having as soft of a tire.

So the 15 inch rear sounds good because it will hook decently with a tire that lasts more than 3000 miles. Then I look at fronts. The 15x4 fits with a little grinding and that's fine, but I feel like that would give up a little much braking and handling. If a 15x6 fits, even with some grinding, it seems like it would be a good compromise, giving me the look and stance I want, hooking, not giving up too much of anything, and improving times.

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
No I cannot build you a different manufactures wheel.

I'm giving you a choice of which can be built and fit that of which there are none others.

I'm giving you an option that is stronger and more durable than Billets 4" wheel of which you don't want anyways.

Billet lite's design looks very very similar to our RT wheel.

We even offer billet caps which are very sharp. If you wanted a varied design of one of our other products, I could entertain that as well.

Please let me know any other concerns. I can build you about 10 different style wheels and I am offering you a solution to your question, so I'm a bit confused as to why you wouldn't entertain the option?
That all sounds nice, and I just read your new thread about street/strip 15s that you're making, but it looks like that's going to be at least $500 more than the Street Lites. I understand that yours would bolt on directly with no modifications to the caliper or spacers, but that's still a big difference to me. If I decide to spend that much, I'll let you know. I do like that your company listens to what the market wants, and builds products to meet those demands. That's good.

Originally Posted by Camaro396
15x6s and 15x7s look so gay with 15x10s. If you're going to do the "slicks & skinnies" thing at least do it right.
Ya, I don't think I'd like the 15x7s but I want to know if anyone has experience with either. I might get the 15x6s if they fit. I'm not trying to do a full on "slicks & skinnies" setup, but 1 complete street/strip setup that I can run 24/7 365, that's a good balance not compromising too much braking or handling, but still hooking and being lightweight.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by VegasZ
...That all sounds nice, and I just read your new thread about street/strip 15s that you're making, but it looks like that's going to be at least $500 more than the Street Lites. I understand that yours would bolt on directly with no modifications to the caliper or spacers, but that's still a big difference to me. If I decide to spend that much, I'll let you know. I do like that your company listens to what the market wants, and builds products to meet those demands. That's good.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer the product at the price-point you are looking at. The options and design we offer give the end user more flexibility and customization. I can assure you that the setup should actually be more durable for street usage. Regarding differences in fronts, aside from caliper fitment and structural material used, our wheels will tuck in further which are a plus....

There’s a variety of choices people can make. …Welds new street/strip wheels, Billet Specialties street/strip setup and now ours. From a price-point right now, we are slightly more than the Billet Lites, but less expensive than welds RT wheels.

I’ve been apprehensive regarding moving some of our products towards a streetable 15” setup due to reasons of 15’s in the first place and their function regarding drag racing…I’ve discussed benefits of why but to some, it’s gone to deaf ears or doesn’t make difference to them. Since it appears that many racers seem to be changing with the times, we must adapt as well. For the serious racers who want the racing benefits of drag 15’s, do not fret, we have no plans to discontinue those products.

Obviously, I’m biased towards our product designs but I am attempting to show end users how our products are different and what benefits in the end the consumer see’s. It’s not that other products are inferior…I am not stating this. We feel that we offer a better solution for the end user using high grade materials and customized solutions.

In response to your setup for possibly 17’s ….as always, we can offer you our road race wheels ranging from 17x4.5 all the way up to 17x16 in ½” increments. These are far more durable and are designed specifically for road race applications which are far more stressful than a street configured wheel. You're not going to get receive them at the same price point, you'd be receiving a completely different hard-core design with its own benefits. Ours will be stronger and once again more durable and lighter ...it all depends what you're trying to setup.

I get asked quite often if our road race wheels can handle the street…it’s actually the other way around. Street wheels can fail when used as a road race configuration vs. a road race wheel designed wheel with the same stress levels seen. Road racing is far more stressful.

Good luck with your decisions.

Quick Reply: Anybody have 15x6 or 15x7 Street Lites?