Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

black 10 spokes on pewter SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default black 10 spokes on pewter SS

i love black wheels but couldnt afford new wheels yet plus i want to put some r compounds on these for track wheels so i figured i'd paint them black, i think it still needs tint to compliment it but i think it looks pretty good whats your opinions
Old 07-22-2009, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Are they spray painted ?

They look matte in color.

I would have done a powdercoat but I just like shiny

Lower that car !
Old 07-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Launching!

spray can, i took a long time preparing them, they looked better then before i painted them, its glossblack with some clear coat but kind of look matte-black from a distant up close you can kind of tell but im pretty impressed i like it, now im able to save money from wheels so i can do suspension first
Old 07-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

what kind of spray can? also did u paint them with the tires on the rims.. did u get the inside of the rim? and what did u do all to prep?

im no paint wiz but would love to do this to mine.. waitin for my 555r's to come and dont know if i should paint before or after mounting the new rubber.. also was gonna put a red pin stripe on the lip
Old 07-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Launching!

just regular krylon spray can, i took all the wheels off the car but left tires mounted, sanded all the inside of the wheels and the face and every part of it really good with a red scuff pad then painted like 3 coats of black, and like 2 or 3 of clear, if i were you i'd probably paint them while the tires were off then once they were mounted if any of the paint was scratched off just tape up the tire and hit it again, thats the beauty of black