Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Drag Radials for 08 ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Radials for 08 ZO6

OK, so I am trying to find some Drag Radials for an 08 ZO6. I'm pretty sure I am going to have to put an 18" rim on it since 19 in drag radials are non existent. But, someone tried telling me that for some reason, you cannot run a 18x10.5 on a newer ZO6 and that they were taking the front wheels off a regular vette, putting drag radials on them, and then putting them on the rear of the Z06.

Did this guy know what he was talking about or just shooting smoke out of his ***?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

May want to check on CORVETTEFORUM, also. They have a C6Z06 specific forum that should give you more chances for responses/ideas.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah you'd have to find an 18" wheel setup, I already looked into the 19" drag radial before.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

A friend of mine has c5 z06 rims with DRs that he runs at the track.

I'm not sure what size tire he is running though.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:16 PM
On The Tree

My boss has run fronts all the way around on his car before just experimenting auto crossing it. They fit fine. It made it loose as hell though with that tiny of a tire on the back, even with his Hoosiers on there.

Speaking of that, Hoosier makes road racing slicks in the correct size for the rear. You could pick of some of those.

Who do you know that has a Zo6 Justin?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Well I called up OE Wheels last night and found some 18x10.5 C6 Z06 Wheels that will work on the Vette. I think that is the route I am going to go since they will match the fronts, and then I'll probably stick a 305/35R18 MT Drag Radial on them. Thanks for all the info guys.

Originally Posted by meatman
My boss has run fronts all the way around on his car before just experimenting auto crossing it. They fit fine. It made it loose as hell though with that tiny of a tire on the back, even with his Hoosiers on there.

Speaking of that, Hoosier makes road racing slicks in the correct size for the rear. You could pick of some of those.

Who do you know that has a Zo6 Justin?
It's a buddy of mine back home. The car is Jet Stream Blue Metallic and used to be the flagship car that GM took around to all the car shows and what not. Right before I moved up here I spent about 2 days buffing it and waxing it, trying to get all the tiny scratches from GM guys sliding stuff across the roof and people touching it and gawking at it.

The guy was so impressed he let me take it out for a night . Shayla's dad actually owns a tire/wheel shop that I have worked at since I was 14 and whenever he gets requests like this he usually calls me and has me figure it out.

Quick Reply: Drag Radials for 08 ZO6