Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

what kind of milage out of performance tires vs traction

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what kind of milage out of performance tires vs traction

i drive my car every day, so i dont want to put a tire on and get 8,000 miles out of it, i also dont want to change my wheels every time i go out to cruise, kind of hard to keep a low profile with the wife like that, and most street races come up out of the blue

what have you guys experienced as far as traction vs tread life, vs cost

thanks
Old 12-06-2003, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

newbie here so i haven't had a chance to wera out my new nittos on my 98 z yet, but....i used to own a 95 mustang gt convertible, after the h/c/i install i was still only making 306 rwhp, however...it was my daily driver and i used nitto dr's, i got just about 15 k miles out of them. that was never going to the track and only on occassion warmin them up on the street a little bit.
good thing is if you still have 16 inch rims they are relatively inexpensive..like 160 at discounttire...i dunno how much for the 17's or 18's.
good luck, btw these things stick like a **** on these f-cars and i have a 100 shot of nitrous...they grip great.
hopefully this helps some
T
Old 12-06-2003, 09:05 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

I have found that my BFG KDWs seem to stick about as good as my Nitto DRs did from all speeds at a roll. Only place the Nittos held better was from a dead stop. Once you're rolling though, for me they were about the same.

I haven't had the KDWs long, but from what I've been told by others, they should last a good amount longer than Nitto DRs with just regular street use.

PS. They handle WORLDS better in the curves than the Nittos or stock F1s did.