Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Any skinnies fit around C5 Brakes on a thirdgen camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any skinnies fit around C5 Brakes on a thirdgen camaro?

Well I got black Zr1's on it now (17x11&17x9.5's) And hate the idea of running adapters. Just think they'll brake after a launch or something. So is there and front skinnies that will clear a c5 brakes? I know the gto wheel will..but again..spacers. They really that safe? Thanks guys.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A well made billet aluminum spacer will be as strong or stronger than the wheel. I would be afraid of some of the cast spacers that often crack.

Obviously a direct fit wheel would be better.

I have C5HD's on my 3rd gen, but unfortunately I never tried skinnies on it. It has a stock motor with no HP, so the only thing it does fast is corner.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well thanks for some info. Someone was talking about clearancing the caliper? But on C5 brakes? or only LS1 brakes? tempted it scrapping the c5 brakes!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I remember correctly, the C5 & LS1 F-body used the same size caliper, but the vette caliper is pressure cast or something for more strength... do not ruin a Vette caliper, it is probably worth as much as the wheel is.

You have an advantage that the 3rd gen can use more offset without fender clearance issues than a 4th gen f-body. You may get by with just a spacer of approx 5/16" to 3/8" & no grinding, depending on the wheel. Best way is to get a wheel & mock one up with some washers as spacers to see how it clears & then buy the same thickness spacer.