Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Trying to stay away from a spacer, question inside

Old 03-30-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to stay away from a spacer, question inside

I just got my back wheels and tires on my car and there is about a fingers space between the tire and the back lip. Does not look like anything will rub at all when I drive it. I have expensive tires on the back and just want to make sure that if I leave it like that with about a finger space back there will it be alright. I have a UMI PHB also installed so that should keep the rear end from moving so I'm thinking it will keep that finger space of clearance there all the time. Let me know if you think it should be alright. Just trying to stay away from using any kind of spacer at all.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Youve got about a finger space from the tire to the inner fender? If so..get a Big Hammer and tap it few times and you should be good to go..I would say that it would be fine with out but We cant all see it in person..just use the BFH and smack it and all will be good!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have a finger space in-between the wheel and the inner fender you will be fine, hell I have less than that and I've yet to have any rubbing issues.

Search this Thread