Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Convo pro wheel fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Convo pro wheel fitment question

I have a 1999 camaro SS with a strange 9" rearend with mosier axles and a LT1 rear brake system. I have the stock front end setup but going to buy a UMI K-member soon with adjustable upper and lower A-arms arms. I want a set of centerline convo pro wheels that will fit with these modifications. I need to know what back spacing and how wide I can go on the wheel size. I want to be able to fit a 10" tire. I called centerline and they told me to take all these crazy *** measurements and I really don't want to try to figure this out lol so I'm trying this first. Thanks for your help.
Trey
Old 04-07-2010, 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well for starters the fronts should fit no problem. They fit over all stock components just fine without any modification. I run the 15x8 rears with MT slicks on mine & they seem plenty wide. Plus they also fit over the stock brakes without any modification.

Its when you go up to the 10" wide one where you start to have to modify things. Although I know there is a size that PSJ helped Centerline with years ago that is supposed to fit without modification but they are not advertised.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

John Norris and I helped Nicole @ Centerline come up with a rear wheel that fit better... It's a 15x9 with a 6.xx backspacing. But you have to grind your brakes.

While I like Convo Pros, I reccomend looking into the Billet Specialties or Weld RT or RT-S wheels. The B/S wheels will fit with just a little grinding on your front brakes, and the Welds fit with no grinding at all.