Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Street tire for 560whp

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street tire for 560whp

I've been running drag radials on my GTO because I don't drive the car in the rain and I only drive it a couple days a week. But I'd like to be able to take the car long distances and not have to worry about the rain and replacing the tires every month and a half.

Is there a street tire that do a decent job and drive nice in the rain too with good wear or am I wasting my time looking? I want to be able to dead hook from a 45 roll. I can do that now with the 275/40/17 DRs I have on the car. The tire size will need to stay the same.

I have the bfg kdw on the front. Would one of those work on the rear or worthless?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 6.0monsta
I've been running drag radials on my GTO because I don't drive the car in the rain and I only drive it a couple days a week. But I'd like to be able to take the car long distances and not have to worry about the rain and replacing the tires every month and a half.

Is there a street tire that do a decent job and drive nice in the rain too with good wear or am I wasting my time looking? I want to be able to dead hook from a 45 roll. I can do that now with the 275/40/17 DRs I have on the car. The tire size will need to stay the same.

I have the bfg kdw on the front. Would one of those work on the rear or worthless?
no street tire is going to come anywhere close to holding 560whp.....if there were then drag radials wouldn't exist. You must be putting hella miles on if you're burning through dr's every 6wks. I get several thousand miles out of mt radials....
Old 05-25-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

Well I was going to the track on them as well. Now I have a set of drag wheels so they should last longer.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned

there is no street tire that can hold that power. Im in the mid 400's and have Nitto NT-05's and they are nice. I have driven them in the FL rain and from FL to VA. nice ride and they grip well too. but punching it at 45mph with any street tire will not grant you much traction with that power output.