Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Requesting feedback on FireHawk Wide Oval and Pilot Sport A/S Plus

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Requesting feedback on FireHawk Wide Oval and Pilot Sport A/S Plus

I don't think I've ever really been too "wowed" by the performance of the BF Goodrich Traction T/As, especially as of late (they helped me spin out on the interstate in the rain...no bueno, man...). What I'm trying to decide on now is as the title states: the Bridgestone FireHawk Wide Oval AS (W) and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus.

What is their behavior like in the wet, the cold, the dry, the hot...?

Ride comfort and ride silence isn't all that important to me for the SloMaro, that's what my Grand Prix is for. I want these tires to grip and not give up. The GP has been decided already: Goodyear Eagle GT, but the Camaro doesn't have that option.

What are the tread life like on either of these tires? I understand driving/environmental variables, but the Goodyear Eagle ResponsEdge wore through pretty darn quick despite the 30k estimate placed on them.

What do the sidewalls feel like when pushing the envelope, especially in the turns and corners? Is there much, or any, sidewall flex?

Finally, what is the overall satisfaction of these tires?

Thanks for yalls opinions.

Last edited by ricks4genshianne; 11-22-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

The Firestones are good in the Dry only average in the Wet. The Michelins are very good dry and wet and should offer about as good of tread life as your going to get from a High Performance all season. You will be very happy with the Michelins. The Firestones are a tad better than the the Raidial TA in dry but not any better in wet..
Old 11-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for your response. I was just now getting back to this thread after a day at work. I had spoken, at length, with Trevor this morning before my squad leader's Pathfinder graduation ceremony. He had pretty much said the same thing. The last time I was given this much assurance, I bought the MXV4 for the Grand Prix and the Traction T/A for the Camaro. I'm skeptical at best of Tirerack's opinions, but it's the only opinions that I've gotten back so far. Moral of the story here: I'm preparing myself to spend $1700 on 10 tires, 5 for each car. Why...oh, why...why'd Goodyear have to go and kill the ResponsEdges?