Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Refurbishing WS6 Wheels, I have a question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Refurbishing WS6 Wheels, I have a question.

Hey guys, I was gonna send my rims off to get refurbished because they look like **** anymore.(Cracking/peeling clearcoat, dents, curb rash etc)
But I don't really have the money for it so I want to do it myself cause I can't really make them any worse.

My plan is to get some paint stripper to get rid of the clear coat then take sand paper or a dremel to rid of some of the curb rash. What should I use for stripper? any recommendations?

I also have 2 rims that have the lip bent in a little bit. what should I use to fix that without damaging it? (FYI I bought the wheels like this)

If you guys could give me some pointers that would be great!
Thanks
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used the aircraft stripper from autozone the rostoluem i think thats how its spelled and they came out good
Old 05-10-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just use air craft stripper (with gloves, or your hands will bleed), let it sit and work then hose of., Repeat as necessary for any stubborn spots.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Captain Double Post

Few coats of aircraft stripper is the only thing i would use, once the clear is off your good,i suggest a bigger tool for polishing than a dremel, go to home depot and you can pick up a few decent sized wheels and a few bars of compound for under 11 bucks,it will make things much easier on you, its not to hard to fix curb rash so you should be good,, post pics when your done,and if ya need any help just shoot a pm
Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys I appreciate it!