Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Best time to buy summer tires? Best online retailer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best time to buy summer tires? Best online retailer?

So we're well into the 2 actual cold months that will hit SC and I'm in need of getting the Nitto 555R tires off the back of my car before the weather starts to work on the tires. I'm pretty intent on getting some Nitto 555 G2s as a replacement but have 2 questions. When is the best time to buy summer tires? I obviously don't want to wait until they jack the price up when warm weather hits.

Also, has anyone found an online retailer that has the best prices? From what I've seen, Summit seems to have the best prices on the ones I'm after.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Spring is usually the best time to buy summer tires. Many retailers and/or manufacturers offer rebates to go ahead and get people to buy their tires ahead of the summer season. I actually bought my Nitto's off eBay last May from Discount Tire Direct and got a better price than using their site. eBay even offers discounts on tires in the spring and they can be in addition to whatever the manufacturers rebate is.

TireBuyer can be another good source IF they have a warehouse near you that has the tires in stock and will offer free shipping many times.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tire Manufacturers often offer rebates in March or April. So this is a good time to purchase Summer tires.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rudytirerack
Tire Manufacturers often offer rebates in March or April. So this is a good time to purchase Summer tires.
Makes sense, I just bought winter tires in november and it was a $100 off $500 rebate. Got the bridgestone WS80 which is arguably the best on the market for a little over $400 installed. I love tirerack but it would have cost me around $600+ after shipping without install. What a savings. It was a real short window of less than a week, though. I just happened to be buying that week and didn't know until I walked in. Are there any rebate tracker websites?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Google Simple Tire, Tires-easy. Ive seen top brands for 2-300$ cheaper than the better known tire sites!!