Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Good offset for 18x10’s?

Old 04-13-2018, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good offset for 18x10’s?

Just wanted to know if these would be a good offset for my 1999 Trans Am. Kinda new to offsets on wheels so I don’t really know what to go with any info would be great. (These wheels would go on all 4 corners)
Old 04-13-2018, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They wont fit properly. They will stick out like hell - (probably over an inch out the wheel wells)

+25 is waaaayyyy to small an offset. +38 minimum.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...must-read.html
The following users liked this post:
OVRKILL (01-02-2022)
Old 04-24-2018, 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My C5z speedlines in 18x10.5 (~56 offset) with a 15mm spacer equals to about 41mm offset and they poke out of the fender.

I would agree with around a 38-40 offset.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

18x10 +35mm, 275/40r18 (almost an inch taller than stock tires), lowered on Strano's, fender's are not rolled, zero rubbing. I do believe +25 would be pushing the limits a bit too far and they would most certainly be more than flush with the outside of the fenders.

Old 05-07-2018, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheTinMan
18x10 +35mm, 275/40r18 (almost an inch taller than stock tires), lowered on Strano's, fender's are not rolled, zero rubbing. I do believe +25 would be pushing the limits a bit too far and they would most certainly be more than flush with the outside of the fenders.

where’d you get those wheels at? I’ve been looking for them but in black!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS_Power

where’d you get those wheels at? I’ve been looking for them but in black!
You haven't been looking for these because these are literally a one off thing I paid extra for. They're Weds Wheels from Japan. Normally not offered in our hub diameter, bolt pattern, or the offsets I needed to clear the CTS-V Brembos, but a little haggling and talking and they cut them for me. Helps to know a guy lol. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I've seen XXR type wheels literally come apart. I searched and went through several companies looking for exactly what I wanted. Just so happens my wheels are Japanese. They're however forged two piece wheels and shouldn't come apart any time soon. However they come with a price tag about 5 times what the XXR cost.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

You haven't been looking for these because these are literally a one off thing I paid extra for. They're Weds Wheels from Japan. Normally not offered in our hub diameter, bolt pattern, or the offsets I needed to clear the CTS-V Brembos, but a little haggling and talking and they cut them for me. Helps to know a guy lol. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I've seen XXR type wheels literally come apart. I searched and went through several companies looking for exactly what I wanted. Just so happens my wheels are Japanese. They're however forged two piece wheels and shouldn't come apart any time soon. However they come with a price tag about 5 times what the XXR cost.
didnt mean I was looking for that exact wheels some brand and everything. I just like that style of wheels kinda a deep dish with a lot of spokes and the bead lock look. It’s so hard finding the right wheels for my car. I have a 1999 Trans Am that is a bright green metallic in color so it’s hard finding the right wheels for it I’ve been looking for awhile and can’t find anything at all lol
Old 05-08-2018, 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

what is the offset on your front wheels?
Old 05-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls_power
didnt mean I was looking for that exact wheels some brand and everything. I just like that style of wheels kinda a deep dish with a lot of spokes and the bead lock look. It’s so hard finding the right wheels for my car. I have a 1999 Trans Am that is a bright green metallic in color so it’s hard finding the right wheels for it I’ve been looking for awhile and can’t find anything at all lol
Yeah I know what you mean man. I use to really love the HP Designs Evo Lightning which is what I had on my first 02 Ws6, but they don't exist any more. It's hard finding a set of wheels I like and I wanted to be a bit different, so I upped my price range a bit and ended up with a nice set of forged wheels instead of cast.

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
what is the offset on your front wheels?
18x9 +30mm 255/40r18
Old 05-08-2018, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

If anyone knows any good black wheels that’ll look good on this please give me the info!
Old 05-12-2018, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 196 Likes on 153 Posts

Did you come across any 18x9.5 offerings in your search that do clear them in the front? What offset if so?
Old 05-13-2018, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
Did you come across any 18x9.5 offerings in your search that do clear them in the front? What offset if so?
It's really hit or miss with a lot of wheels. Most wheels should clear the brakes around a +35 to +40mm offset in the front, doesn't really matter what width they are as long as they're 18's, but some wheels with the spokes curved back will still hit the caliper so you've really gotta do your homework. Kore3 has a template for the brakes on their website, I sent it to the manufacturer and ask them specifically to make sure they would clear before I purchased, I suggest you do the same.
Old 05-13-2018, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 196 Likes on 153 Posts

It's really hit or miss with a lot of wheels. Most wheels should clear the brakes around a +35 to +40mm offset in the front, doesn't really matter what width they are as long as they're 18's, but some wheels with the spokes curved back will still hit the caliper so you've really gotta do your homework. Kore3 has a template for the brakes on their website, I sent it to the manufacturer and ask them specifically to make sure they would clear before I purchased, I suggest you do the same.
I read that from rotor where pad rests to the inner spoke of the wheel, it must be at least 1 7/8 inches for CTS-V calipers to fit. Most wheels that have 56+ offset require a 15mm spacer to clear the CTS-V brakes. My race star 15x7 with 4" BS are reported to clear them. I'm hoping I can fit a 18x9.5 deep dish Y2K and put a 15mm spacer on it to clear also.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Default Will 18x10 30 offset fit?

i can’t see the pictures but does anyone think that a 18x10 +30 offset will fit the rear of my 99 ss? Or will it overlap. Im lowered but my fenders are rolled

Search this Thread