Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wheel and Tire Ideas for a Spool on the Street

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 08:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Wheel and Tire Ideas for a Spool on the Street

So recently I finished installing my MWC 9 in with a spool and 4.56 gears for my 01 ws6. I have 15x10 street lites with 295/55/15 et streets on them. However, I know I will chew them up rather quickly with the spool during some street driving. I still have the factory 17 in wheels as well.

My question is, what would be a good wheel and tire for street driving? Just looking for ideas and opinions, thanks!
Old 07-20-2018, 08:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I run my 8.8 on the street with a spool and honestly just my et street pro drag radials the main thing is learning to drive it in parking lots without snapping axles. If u make wide easy turns and don't mash the gas while turning hard it won't be a big deal. If it's not hard on the axles it won't be to hard on the tires
Old 07-20-2018, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dimeomboost
I run my 8.8 on the street with a spool and honestly just my et street pro drag radials the main thing is learning to drive it in parking lots without snapping axles. If u make wide easy turns and don't mash the gas while turning hard it won't be a big deal. If it's not hard on the axles it won't be to hard on the tires
How many miles and how many passes do you normally get out of them?
Old 07-24-2018, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drive on the street with a spool and et pros and have no real issues. i do feel a little extra binding the hotter/stickier the tires get.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_ws6
How many miles and how many passes do you normally get out of them?
I honestly couldn't tell u mileage I don't know but I usually put a new set on when the track opens in like March and they last till around August if I go make 5 or 10 passes a week but if the track is good I don't always heat them up just a quick spin to clean them off or sometimes I get there when the water box hasn't been soaked down and make passes before they do and I'll maybe do 3 burnouts but I wouldn't expect more than 15k miles out of a set under most conditions but I could be way off I don't have s street only vehicle or a odometer
Old 07-27-2018, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't want to burn the soft ones away slightly quicker than you would without the spool, I'm sure you could get some nice hard tires for the 17s.
I'd be willing to bet the wear coming from the spool is minimal. Running one myself, never noticed.

Quick Reply: Wheel and Tire Ideas for a Spool on the Street