Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Found some Forgestars, will they fit?? 35mm offset...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2018, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Found some Forgestars, will they fit?? 35mm offset...

I found some F14’s that the owner says were made to fit a CTS-V or G8.. Its a great deal but I don’t know if they will fit. Ive tried searching, and couldn’t find any answers one way or the other..

The front wheels are 18x9 with a +35mm offset
The rear wheels are 18x10 with a +44mm offset.

Im more concerned with the front wheel hitting the fender (if I’m thinking of how offset works correctly, today...). I am planning on having a 9” built like my last SS, and can have the housing built a little wider or narrower to accommodate the 44mm offset and bring them out to the fender lip.

This is not a daily driver, and I like a very aggresive stance with the tire as close to the fender lip as possible without rubbing (much).

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-21-2018, 08:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I would say you are fine. I have 18x11 45ET square and no issues. They are pretty flush, but I have about -2 deg camber as well.

You can use this web site to compare wheel combos... https://www.willtheyfit.com
Old 10-22-2018, 08:45 AM
Teching In

I used that site for reference, the problem I had was the car is in upstate New York and I don’t know what wheels are on it to use as a starting point for the forgestars.. I love the visual representation that site gives thought, like an “offset for dummies”.

Thanks for the opinion on the wheels btw, decided to go ahead and get them.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...must-read.html

rear should fit, front will probably need a spacer
Old 10-23-2018, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hokeplaya05
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...must-read.html

rear should fit, front will probably need a spacer
A spacer? A 35mm offset means the wheel will be closer to the fender, farther from the brake caliper. If i have to do anything, it would be having the hub on the wheel machined a bit to “increase” the offset.

I previously had 18x9.5 C5 magnesium wheels on my old 01 SS. That wheel had a 65mm offset, and needed a spacer to keep the wheel from making contact with the brake caliper (brembo brakes). This is 30mm less offset (the wheel will stick OUT 30mm more).
Old 10-24-2018, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah, you are right. Like I said based on my wheel you will be fine. The spacer "might" be needed if you really want the wheel exactly flush on the top... depends on your camber and idea of flush. Mine is flush and 15mm outboard from yours.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jemorgan3
A spacer? A 35mm offset means the wheel will be closer to the fender, farther from the brake caliper. If i have to do anything, it would be having the hub on the wheel machined a bit to “increase” the offset.

I previously had 18x9.5 C5 magnesium wheels on my old 01 SS. That wheel had a 65mm offset, and needed a spacer to keep the wheel from making contact with the brake caliper (brembo brakes). This is 30mm less offset (the wheel will stick OUT 30mm more).
oops, my bad yeah you are right, I got it backwards