Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

M/t Et Streets Vs Slicks

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M/t Et Streets Vs Slicks

I have a pair of M/T ET Streets that I've acquired recently. I'm thinking about junkin 'em and just going with full slicks.

Is there a big difference between ET's and full race slicks?
Old 03-08-2005, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The et streets have a 2 ply side wall I have some on my 80 camaro they hook pretty good with the ladder bar. The full slick has a softer side wall and softer compond than the et street. But the et street is of course alot more street friendly. Oh and If you decide to junk them give them to me. I say try them since you have them if they don't hook get some slicks. Oh and at the track I usally run about 12 psi in the et streets. On the street I usally put 20 psi (the max) because the road around here or not the best and when you run low psi they wear more and the back end of the car wants to go side to side when driving. Also they are not fun in the rain.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ncd1966
The et streets have a 2 ply side wall I have some on my 80 camaro they hook pretty good with the ladder bar. The full slick has a softer side wall and softer compond than the et street. But the et street is of course alot more street friendly. Oh and If you decide to junk them give them to me. I say try them since you have them if they don't hook get some slicks. Oh and at the track I usally run about 12 psi in the et streets. On the street I usally put 20 psi (the max) because the road around here or not the best and when you run low psi they wear more and the back end of the car wants to go side to side when driving. Also they are not fun in the rain.
Hey man, thanks alot
Old 03-09-2005, 08:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ncd1966
But the et street is of course alot more street friendly.
i dissagree. i had et streets on my car and now i have et drags and i drive all over the streets/hwy on em and the et drags feel more stable than the et streets did. I personally think et streets are junk. And i noticed a big difference in hook when i went to the et drags.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slow3hoe2
i dissagree. i had et streets on my car and now i have et drags and i drive all over the streets/hwy on em and the et drags feel more stable than the et streets did. I personally think et streets are junk. And i noticed a big difference in hook when i went to the et drags.
That's kinda what I thought. I'm going to go ahead and try 'em, they'll probably hook alot better than my BFG's, but I just don't see them hooking like a good M/T drag
Old 03-10-2005, 09:37 AM
kp
8 Second Club

I have ran both back to back on the same day and the drags will hook better on a marginal track. On a well prepped track they both hook. I have been well in the 10s, (10.60 @ 127) with 10.5x27 ET streets on stock springs/shocks in a heavy F-body. But on a crappy track a 9x28 ET drag will outhook them pretty bad. As far as street driving they both equally suck
Old 03-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Both Tires Are Great