Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Don't buy tires from these guys...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Don't buy tires from these guys...

Mods, if this post is not appropriate here then please feel free to move/delete it. With that said...

I just have to let you guys know about my experience with an eBay merchant selling cheap tires. I know, eBay is a crapshoot but I've never had any horrible experiences buying/selling stuff on there. The seller, limoplusautostore, offers tires at pretty decent prices but they evidently sell stuff they don't even have in stock. Yes, that's right...they're middlemen like most automotive parts vendors these days.

So, long story short...well maybe not THAT short. I ordered tires on June 27th and payed immediately. They claimed shipping times of 3 days to two weeks. No one ever responded to my e-mails about realistic shipping times so I called them. The person I spoke to said that an e-mail with a tracking number would be sent to me when the tires shipped. On July 8th, a few days short of two weeks, I hadn't heard from them. I e-mailed them about the status of my order. My e-mails were ignored so I called and left a message. They e-mailed me back within 24 hours and provided me with a tracking number. The tracking number was invalid. I waited until 7/12, the two week mark, to contact them again. My e-mails and phone calls were ignored so I started hounding the crap out of them on 7/13 with e-mails, faxes and phone calls. Someone finally returned my phone call after I left them a message stating that I was going to leave them negative feedback on eBay. They claimed that the tires shipped out on 7/8 but the "shipping tags fell off" of the tires which resulted in them getting lost. I left them negative feedback anyway since the simple fact was that two weeks had passed and I didn't have the merchandise I paid for. So, they left me negative feedback because I left them negative feedback. I did my part and payed them in a timely manner but they didn't hold up their end of the bargain and I get negative feedback???

So that's my soapbox. If you want to chance it and buy tires from these guys go right ahead. I learned my lesson. If I had to do it all over again I would just buy from tirerack like I usually do. Thanks for listening.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow. You saved my ***. I was getting ready to drop $240 for some 711s shipped, I can get them in 3 days from Tirerack for $270 shipped, not bad considering TireRack ill get warranty, but I am cheaping so would have probably steered towards ebay, considering I just bought 2 tires a week ago, but im going with tire rack, and now that I see they are a sponsor its all good
Old 07-22-2005, 03:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

omg 2 weeks? o no end of the world lol. people like you **** off powersellers like me. sometimes stuff takes a while, or gets lost, shipping companies arent perfect. have fun with your neg. feedback, i would have atleast asked for a refund or reported it to paypal and tried to do a reverse payment. however since ur in thier shitbook, i doubt they will refund u ur money or send u another set (if first one was lost)

btw. u can remove neg. feedback, if both parties argree to it, it might help u 2 out. i would try to solve it, thats a nice chunk of change.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
omg 2 weeks? o no end of the world lol. people like you **** off powersellers like me....
Thats why I hate eBay. Honestly. I am the one dropping the money, I could careless if it upsets 'powersellers' like you. eBays is a market place for people, you dont get the professionals you get in Brick & Mortar stores, they just want to make a quick buck of someone, that why you gets the scams, misrepresentation, pay 5x for shipping, etc.You seem very professional yourself.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:36 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=JustAnIlluzion]i would have atleast asked for a refund or reported it to paypal and tried to do a reverse payment.QUOTE]

Thats the way i resolved my last issue. The seller still got upset, but all i got was my money back and we agreed not to leave feedback since they took the time to make up some BS story to tell me. But the paypal thing is the best way to get your money back, and it doesnt take long either.