Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Another Rear wheel drag setup question. :) Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Rear wheel drag setup question. :) Suggestions?

I've done a bit of searching, and have only found a few bits of info. I'm looking for a little more input before i decide to buy. I currently have 18's now. 9" front, 10" rear. For 18's they are suprisingly light. More or less my show wheels. I would like some recomendations for the rear wheel and tire combo for the track (wheel and tire sizes). I plan on just pushing the front ones down the track for now. I noticed Bogart makes some that look very similar to my current wheels. I was thinking a 17" wheel with some slicks or et streets. Or should i go 16" and have more tire? Maybe even 15"? m looking for a wheel that involves minimal modifications, i.e spacers, grinding calipers. As i said before...These wheels will be for track only. I don't have a problem in the future of buying a matching set for the front. I just need the back ones now . I'm running pretty much a stock enigne except for a Volant, and gmmg, but LT's ,cam,converter,bottle, and other goodies are in the very near future. Basically if you were in my shoes, wich wheel and tire would you be looking at? Price need not be a factor. Any input is appreciated. Thx!

Last edited by FloridaZ; 08-08-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your buying a set of drag wheels, go for a set of 15" Bogarts. They fit without grinding and provide the best tire options for drag racing.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Launching!

so a 15...say 10" wide, with a 28x12.50? How would that fit? What are you guys running?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd suggest a 15x10 Bogart with 275/50 15 - M/T Drag Radials.

The tire you have listed would require a sawsall
Old 08-09-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
I'd suggest a 15x10 Bogart with 275/50 15 - M/T Drag Radials.

The tire you have listed would require a sawsall

ha ha ha yep the ones you listed will not fit with out a lil massaging...

and if your a Manual i dont reccomend the drag radials........ If you really want to hook.... nothing but ET DRAGS... but first....... stock rearend???? If so... you dont want any of the combos we said....
Old 08-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Are there any other wheels that are a direct fit aside from bogarts?

It's an A4, with the stock rear. I have to break it before i can replace it.
The wife would give me extreme hell if i just went out and dropped 2g's for something i didn't need. Then again when it comes to my car she doesn't think i need any of it. At least if it gets trashed i'll have maybe one leg to stand on when i argue my case..lol. That's how i got my heads on my 94'..hehe

Last edited by FloridaZ; 08-09-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FloridaZ
Are there any other wheels that are a direct fit aside from bogarts?

It's an A4, with the stock rear. I have to break it before i can replace it.
The wife would give me extreme hell if i just went out and dropped 2g's for something i didn't need. Then again when it comes to my car she doesn't think i need any of it. At least if it gets trashed i'll have maybe one leg to stand on when i argue my case..lol. That's how i got my heads on my 94'..hehe
nope........ with a sticky tire your going to break the rearend sooner or later....
Old 08-09-2005, 01:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The above mentioned are all great suggestions. I would suggest if you’re considering a set of wheels for drag racing, I can set you up with our Bogart’s and build them correctly for your application.

A new rear is definitely something to consider. It is not if you'll break it, it is...when it breaks. Unless you have a trailer, it is much better to be proactive then reactive. Nothing worse then going out even on a Friday night trying to have some fun and you break your rear end and get stranded.

We are offering for our Bogart customer’s right now exclusive low-pricing for any type of Strange Engineering product.

Give us a call and I will be happy to assist you with tire selection options as well as any other concerns.

Steve
Old 08-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info! It's funny you mentioned a trailer. I was acctually going to reply earlier that if i got the wheels, i should definatly have some way of getting it home via dolly or tralier..lol. Been kinda wanting a flat bed for a little while now too. Plus it would just be nice to have aside from being a back up in case the rear goes. Would be easier to get all my crap to and from a car show too. I guess she would move from a being a garage queen to a trailer one.