Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Want to do something with wheels/tires? No idea

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 10:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Want to do something with wheels/tires? No idea

Well i currently have 18x8 Privat Fahrens all around. Came on car when i bought it. I really like the wheels and the fact they are rarely seen. I hate the 8" wide in rear however. The price to widen them is crazy. I believe they make 18x9's also which i am maybe thinking of getting 2 of thsoe for the rear. I jsut want something to use for good traction around town and want to use some 555 r's but something wider than 245 in rear. I am also debating getting them powdercoated black. Thoughts on that?

1.) For street use wanting good traction, think its worth the money to get wider rear rims and wider tires? Or no?
2.) Powdercoat them black?

Now i have some issues for track use. I dont want to take these to the track as they are prolly heavy and not very sticky with street tire. I wont do anything for tracktires before i go head cam so i will need soemthing for track that will hold around 450 rwhp. I really would want some big like welds in rear, skinnies up front. I will prolly destroy my 10 bolt with slicks tho. Where can you get skinnies, welds, price. What should i do for track? All input is great. thanks

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-12-2005, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

To run slick/skinnies, will i have to upgrade to 12 bolt more than likely? Whats the best set of slick/skinnies that jsut bolt up and go without modifing crap. Also are you guys driving to the track with yuor slick/skinnies or going on street tires and mounting them up there?

Old 08-12-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the street, wide tires only help on perfectly flat, dry pavement. If it rains you'll hydroplane like crazy if you don't have traction control.

On a track, they would help, but you wouldn't want 18s for it. you'd want 15s or 16s.

if you have an M6, slicks would most likely get rid of that 10 bolt for you, an A4 with 2.73 or similar gears would last longer. a 12 bolt would be a great idea though.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok sweet, ill stick to my 18s now tho, Powdercoat them black or leave them? I am an A4 with 3.23's i do have traction control. What are a good brand on slick/skinnies tires/rims for the track that bolt up with no need for modifing?