Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need new rims for the bird. suggestions....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Becuz everyone and there brother has TT2s or Z06's, lol. I like to be unique however both of those rims look badass, no question there. just overplayed IMO. So your saying i can widen mine to 10.5 and have no issues! Are you sure! If so im totally pumped! Will they stick out at all tho? I dont want them to be sticking out past the body AT ALL! If they wont change much and fitment will be fine then im golden! Please get back to me and varify. Would 10" wide i nthe rear safely fit a 305 nitto or do i need the 10.5? Thanks! I am PUMPED! No spacer, no rubbing, little BFH! SCORE!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superman09
Becuz everyone and there brother has TT2s or Z06's, lol. I like to be unique however both of those rims look badass, no question there. just overplayed IMO. So your saying i can widen mine to 10.5 and have no issues! Are you sure! If so im totally pumped! Will they stick out at all tho? I dont want them to be sticking out past the body AT ALL! If they wont change much and fitment will be fine then im golden! Please get back to me and varify. Would 10" wide i nthe rear safely fit a 305 nitto or do i need the 10.5? Thanks! I am PUMPED! No spacer, no rubbing, little BFH! SCORE!
No there's no issue of them sticking out because the wheel gets split and welded behind where the wheel face meets the hub, so it only moves the inner lip closer to the inside of the wheel well. The only way you'd ever have to worry about the wheels sticking out is if you widened them so much that you had to run a spacer, but you won't have to do that.

Yes a 305 Nitto tire will fit a 10.5 rim perfectly. A rule of thumb about choosing tire size is that for any given rim width, you have a 10mm "buffer zone" to work with. A 275 size tire will fit a 9.5" rim, but you can also run a 285 size for a more "beefier" look. 295 is the suggested size for 10.5's to run, but the 305 size tire will also give it that "meatier" look. As long as you stay within 10mm of the suggested tire size for any rim width, you won't have any problems. So with that being said go get those suckers widened!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok thanks a lot! Ill reply to your PM in a sec with a pic. thanks for the help!

Old 12-08-2005, 01:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Here are some. let me know if i need a different view or something. thanks! PM sent.
Attached Thumbnails Need new rims for the bird. suggestions....-100_0278.jpg   Need new rims for the bird. suggestions....-100_0279.jpg   Need new rims for the bird. suggestions....-100_0283.jpg   Need new rims for the bird. suggestions....-100_0284.jpg   Need new rims for the bird. suggestions....-100_0286.jpg