Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

So much for my C6 Z06's grrrrrrrrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So much for my C6 Z06's grrrrrrrrr

Starts here https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-tires/501787-new-c6-z06-s-came-soon.html where I got my wheels the other day and couldn't wait to get them mounted.

Got a little delayed today. After having the worst time getting the tires off the Boyds and 2 hours later the manager of the shop told me 2 of my falkens were junk because the rubber peeled off the bead in a few places and could not be remounted. That sucked so I need 2 new tires...ok i wanted him to at least mount the other 2 so when I got my new tires in a few days I could just get those mounted and throw them all on. The manager took the first Z06 rim and mounted the tire in a few minutes and it looked sweet. He gets pulled off the job and has one of the guys from the shop mount the second one, and balance both. He balances the first wheel, and rolls it out to me, I inspected the hell out of it and it looked good. 20 minutes later he gets done with the 2nd balance, I payed, thanked them for busting *** to get them done and put the second one in my car he had just finished without even thinking to look at it.

I get home, pull the first rim out of the back of the subaru and show my wife. She loved the look, then I took out the second one and she gasps.
The rim is chiped in 5 or 6 places and has a long scratch around the rim from mounting. The wheels were laying flat on the back of the rims in the back of my subaru wagon so I know there is no way the chips happened there. I think after he scratched the rim mounting it he must have set it aside and it fell over before he balanced it or chipped it mounting it with the iron or something. This is just my luck...WTF!!!

I tried calling them but they closed 10 minutes after I left. I will be calling Monday to see what they are going to do about this. I will not release the name of the shop unless they don't make good on it. This sux.

Old 05-06-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh that BLOWS! Sorry to hear you had an issue. I was holding my breath when my brother mounted mine. He kept bitching about how tough it was to mount 35/18's but luckily mine went smooth. I hope the shop does right by you but even if they do I'd go elsewhere in the future.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh man sorry to hear that! I'll be really careful when i mount mine. I'll likely do it myself at the base hobby shop. Best of luck.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Thanks we'll see Monday!!
Old 05-07-2006, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My friend had the same problem with one of his wheels. He was pissed because he took a lot of care not to get curb rash or scratches, then when he had a flat, the shop messed his wheel up big time when remounting the tire. They had 3 guys standing around the tire trying to get it back on the wheel while scratching it up. So, I know how you feel and I hope they treat you right.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:36 AM
On The Tree

the shop near me took 2 hours trying to get my 18 inch drag radials on they didnt mess up my rim though but they said it was a PITA to get on
Old 05-07-2006, 07:31 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to burst your buddle but they ruined the other 2 tires. rubber doesnt just peel off the bead-it happens when they dont remove them carefully and it rips off. i install tires for a living. a lot of the low pros if u dont lube them up good enough and just try to take them off it will tear the beads. u need to complain.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
sorry to burst your buddle but they ruined the other 2 tires. rubber doesnt just peel off the bead-it happens when they dont remove them carefully and it rips off. i install tires for a living. a lot of the low pros if u dont lube them up good enough and just try to take them off it will tear the beads. u need to complain.
God i am so pissed off right now. Monday I will post an update and if I dont like the answer i know a good sign maker that can make something for me to hold up across the street from the shop.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

**** 'em RELEASE THE SHOP NAME!!! i'd burn their place down! BURN!! j/k but i'd raise HELL!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 10:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they would be buying me new rims and giving me a hell of a deal on 2 tires.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck tomorrow...
Old 05-08-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

man, that's bullshit!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:51 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks man. Good luck. Lets hope these guys have a shity person working in there facility and the whole company doesnt screw around like the guy that raped your wheels/tires.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:47 AM
TECH Regular

Good luck. I am glad the place I went to keeps their deal. I have free replacements on my rubber.I just hope that I don't bend a wheel now that I said this. again good luck, and let us know what happens.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

I saw the manager at the tire place that I dealt with on Saturday took ownership of the problem like he should have. Good guy, told me to order a new rim, bring him the slip and he will pay for it. Hopefully all goes well and im not just getting the run around, he did feel bad for the scew up and delaying my progress.

Check out the other post, the messed up rim and the good rim are mounted, time to lower it though!!!
Thanks guys!!
Old 05-11-2006, 04:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so what happened?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SStolen
so what happened?
Look above your last post.......
Old 05-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, thats just as it should have been. A reputable place will take care of its mistakes. How old were the Falkens? Did you mention to him about the bead issue? I've had tires swapped from rim to rim and never had any trouble with the bead falling off.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
Congrats, thats just as it should have been. A reputable place will take care of its mistakes. How old were the Falkens? Did you mention to him about the bead issue? I've had tires swapped from rim to rim and never had any trouble with the bead falling off.
He said there was no rubber there when he took them off, so it didn't peel off from him. I bought the combo used a year ago with only 500 or so miles on them so I doubt they were like that. I am a very honest person and because I haven't had the combo in my possession since new I don't want to push it, it might not have been his fault but it probably was, I wanted Nittos anyways so what the hell I will suck it up.

BTW I went with 285's out back so that should help with traction and these will go on the front when I get the Nitto's mounted on Monday.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

I'm glad things worked out for you. The same thing happend to me a couple years back. I had brand new edelbrock 454's mounted and balanced for my 72 Camaro that I had. I was so excited to get them on the car that I didnt check them out, when I got home my dad saw one of them had a BIG sratch on the edge, like curb rash. The manager found me a new wheel and said "Im mounting this one myself" he ended up having to break up one of the last sets available. And at the end of the day I had a matching spare . those are BEAUTIFUL wheels by the way.