Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Have to replace one tire, so buying 2, front or back?7

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have to replace one tire, so buying 2, front or back?7

Well my car came with these odd ball Aurora k103 tires (275/40R17), and one has gone bad. I've fixed the problem causing it to go bad, but need to at leat buy 2 new tires. (Can't seem to find just one replacement aurora tire anywhere, and 4 is too much $$$ right now)

I'm moving to FL with lots of rain, so the Goodyear F1 GS-D3's look like a good choice. Would it make more sense to put them in the front or rear with the other 2 good Auroras?

(Or am I just really being stupid and cheap and should buy all 4?)
Old 08-14-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

if the other two are fine dont fix something thats not broken, GSD3's are good tires last i heard they were on backorder, and as to where to put them, in the rear would be optimal as it prevents oversteer, you have more control over your fronts in case of a blowout, hence why you would want your good tires out back
Old 08-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
if the other two are fine dont fix something thats not broken, GSD3's are good tires last i heard they were on backorder, and as to where to put them, in the rear would be optimal as it prevents oversteer, you have more control over your fronts in case of a blowout, hence why you would want your good tires out back
+1

and you can safely run a 285 40 17 for just a scooshe more tire.