Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

What wheel can I run with least modification to make them fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What wheel can I run with least modification to make them fit

I'm just wondering what's a good wheel that I could run with the least modification to make them fit on my car (grinding calipers, rolling inner lip on 1/4 pannel)

I know that the Bogarts fit lol but there $$$$$$$$

I'm wanting to run a 15X10/7.5 BS on the back but I'm not sure what to run on the front yet...
Old 04-20-2007, 06:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good and $$ doesn't always go together. If you're on a budget, then consider weld prostars but you'll have to do some work to make them fit and by putting them on. You'll also need spacers as well as very long studs (min 3") for safety. This lends to be not as great of a bargin in the end in my opinion...but if you only have so much to spend, then there is only so much you can do.

You'll be leaving about 50 lbs of converted static weight on the car...so even though you may be saving a few dollars, the weight that you're leaving on the car is quite a bit. Some purchase a k-member to save 35 lbs and spend just about the same amount in difference between our wheels and an economy wheel. At that point, it almost makes more sense to consider the wheels first...especially since this is a modification that you and everyone else can see...wheels make the car.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

well whats my options on wheels because so far all I have heard of people using is Weld wheels or Bogarts.

If I do use welds then how much would I have to grind off on the calipers?
I've seen people take off a lot and I'm not up for that.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

convo pros are a nice wheel they got a new 15X9 with a 6.5in backspacing but i think the cheapest is like $300 shipped per wheel...no spacer with about 10 minites of grinding...plus a little more durable like the prostars for everyday driving...if you have a weekend or track only car I would get the Bogarts...
Old 04-22-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm thinking about getting the Bogarts but I was thinking what if I got the road race version??? I figure if they can go on a road course then I could use them on a daily driver.... am I thinking right or not???