Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need Rear Rim/Tire Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Rear Rim/Tire Suggestions

This is my Frankenstein...a 1994 Z28 with an LS1 under the hood, TR224 (stock heads), Yank built 4L60E, narrowed 9" w/4:11 gears, 4" exhaust, Hals on 4 points, BMR extreme sway in back, 8 point roll cage. I'm still working out the bugs, but the best thus far in 1000' is 9.80 on a 1.6 60' running NA on stock heads and no spray (no 1/4 Mile tracks in AR). I've probably got an 9.6 in it since the tranny clutches are shot.

At the track I run on 26" ET Drags on Weld Prostars, with same up front on skinny radials.

I want a Prostar or like rim on the back that looks good with the largest and stickiest tire possible for street trim, preferably a radial. I would prefer a 15" rim, but would accept alternatives. An MT Sportsman like tire would be cool, but the radial preference would be to run in a street radial class at my track on occasions that I just don't want to put on the slicks, or want to play in another class. Technically the class must be of a 200 rating or better, but I figure a ultra wide tire would help offset hardness of radials, and on a smaller diameter rim the launch hit would be a little softer than on a stiff 17" sidewall, and anyway the wear ratings are anything but consistent from manufacturer to manufacturer.

On the street today I run 17" SS rims with the skinnies, but it just does not have the aggressive look I want.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks!