get the 18x8 up front with 18x9 rear
100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

HPR-5 wheels. What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HPR-5 wheels. What would you do?

Heres the deal. Im going to be purchasing a set of HP Design HPR-5 wheels this week. I was going to order the 18x8 front and 18x9 rear set. BUT I just noticed they are having a sale on the 18x8 front and rear wheel for $500 less total. These wheels are just for street use so im thinking the 8 wide would be ok seeing how that is stock width i believe. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?. Get the 8 wide all around and get some headers with the left over money or spend some more and go for the staggered 8 up front 9 in back?

ALSO I HAVE STOCK 16INCH WHEELS ON NOW. wOULD A 225/40/18 TIRE BE THE RIGHT TIRE FOR THE 18" 8 WIDE WHEEL TO KEEP THE SAME OUTSIDE TIRE DIAMETER????. SORRY I HAVE LITTLE TIRE KNOWLEDGE
Old 04-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dennsterTA
Heres the deal. Im going to be purchasing a set of HP Design HPR-5 wheels this week. I was going to order the 18x8 front and 18x9 rear set. BUT I just noticed they are having a sale on the 18x8 front and rear wheel for $500 less total. These wheels are just for street use so im thinking the 8 wide would be ok seeing how that is stock width i believe. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?. Get the 8 wide all around and get some headers with the left over money or spend some more and go for the staggered 8 up front 9 in back?

ALSO I HAVE STOCK 16INCH WHEELS ON NOW. wOULD A 225/40/18 TIRE BE THE RIGHT TIRE FOR THE 18" 8 WIDE WHEEL TO KEEP THE SAME OUTSIDE TIRE DIAMETER????. SORRY I HAVE LITTLE TIRE KNOWLEDGE
First off, I understand when money or sticking to a budget is important to you. With that said...if 18x8 on all 4 corners is more budget-friendly, then by all means...go with it. But if you can afford to squeeze a little more out of the piggy bank, I would go with the 18x9 rear at least. Also, I would advise that if you can go even wider on the rear, it would really set it off more. Our F-bodies look so awesome with a wide rear....almost sinister. I am running 18x10F and 18X11R, so that may give you an idea of where my head is

Again, it's your money and your budget you have to consider. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck and post pics of whatever you decide. I'm sure you will make the right decision...

jess

Quick Reply: HPR-5 wheels. What would you do?