Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aftermarket amplifier?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket amplifier?

I just put in my amp and sub and the amp isn't turning on everything is connected except for my remote wire. I have an alpine head unit. Do I have to run my remote wire to the deck or can I plug it in to the monsoon amp some how? Or are there any other wires that I can plug Into? Thanks
Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just do it right and run it to the headunit... if u read instructions you would understand that the purpose of the remote wire is to turn the amp on and off
Old 06-11-2010, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BFarrier
I just put in my amp and sub and the amp isn't turning on everything is connected except for my remote wire. I have an alpine head unit. Do I have to run my remote wire to the deck or can I plug it in to the monsoon amp some how? Or are there any other wires that I can plug Into? Thanks
Use the remote wire to turn the amp on. You can also use the Antenna Up/Down wire out of the HU as well, however that probably won't work as most new HU's signal the antenna to turn off/go down when the amp is not in the Tuner/FM/AM mode. As said, just do it right and hook up the remote wire so the amp knows when to turn on.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got i was planning on running it to the hu anyways but was thinking.. what if i could connect it to the monsoon amp to save wire but i ended up running it to the head unit it was no biggy. thanks sounds good thou. not to much but not to little