Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

line output converter won't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default line output converter won't work

Hey guys maybe someone knows more about this than me. I have searched and researched for about two weeks now and have tried everything including calling local stereo shops with no luck. I am trying to hook up my loc and have tried to tap in several different ways depending on who I ask. I have tried the front speaker wires before the amp and after the amp in the rear of the car and have also tried tapping the rear input wires before the amp and nothing seems to work.Alot of guys on here have said this will work but I get nothing. I got my loc at radio shack and it is a Tsunami name brand loc could it not be a quality part since I got it for $15.00 and other people said to get a loc at best buy or circuit city for around $20.00? If I had done the research first I would have just bought a loc from PAC the plug and play type everyone talks about on here but I already bought the other one and other people seem to get them to work. TIA for any advice you may have.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Nobody has any good ideas yet??
Old 07-03-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I would also like to know the answer to this question, I had this same problem with a 02 TA with the monsoon, I had tweeters install an LOC and when I hooked up my sub and amp it would only hit at certain frequencies, I took it back to them and they said it would never work correctly with the stock HU b/c of the 7 band equalizer? Is this true b/c I would like to install a sub in my '01 formula and would like to know where I can install the LOC??
Old 07-03-2006, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01FormulaTA
I would also like to know the answer to this question, I had this same problem with a 02 TA with the monsoon, I had tweeters install an LOC and when I hooked up my sub and amp it would only hit at certain frequencies, I took it back to them and they said it would never work correctly with the stock HU b/c of the 7 band equalizer? Is this true b/c I would like to install a sub in my '01 formula and would like to know where I can install the LOC??

They were blowing smoke up your bum because they didn't know what was wrong. They eq has nothing to do with a loc install on these cars. If it was only at certain frequencies they probibly installed it after the monsoon amp which has different cross points depending on which channel you tap.

As far as the origional posters problem, what color wires did you tap when you tapped it before the monsoon amp?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

I tried with the front speaker wires first because I thought I read that somewhere which were the grey/tan and the dark green/light green and that did'nt work. I then read that I was supposed to tap the rear speaker wires and tapped the light blue/dark blue and the yellow/brown which also did'nt work.I also somewhere in the mix tried tapping into the front speaker wires after the factory amp dark blue/light blue and dark green/orange that did'nt work. I tried alot of options and searches before I actually posted a thread of my own since I hate when people post questions when you know they did'nt do a search first.Thanks for anymore help you may have.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

save yourself the time and hook it up behind the subs in the backseat. The grills just pop off and i think the speakers even take a 7mm to be removed. Tap your wires in behind them and make sure you have your positives and negatives correct and you should be good to go. The speakers that are in the backseat are actually powered by the Monsoon amp as a sub. So if you are using you line out converter to power subs it should be getting a frequency that is already crossed over for lows from your factory amp!

Quick Reply: line output converter won't work