Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What other sub box options do i have???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spiritshotgun235
uhh...I can show you a way to do it I think. Are you wanting ported or sealed? also, what's the air space required?
sealed box volume: 1.0-4.6 cu. ft.
ported box volume: 1.75-2.25 cu. ft.

I was originally going sealed, but i could go either way. this "way" that you speak of, where are you talking about putting the subs?
Old 03-16-2008, 12:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I built this box for 1 12 tat fits down in the cargo well. I doesn't take up all the space but I think you could mod the box design for 2 12s
Old 03-16-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=KEE AUDIO;8888647]I fabbed one up awhile back for someone that sat up there for a single Fi10. It was ported. I had my amp in the way so use your imagination and the picture wasn't that great but here's what it looked like and where it was mounted. I took these pictures for reference. I think this is kinda what Slvr00Bird was refering to as far as location.

Yea, that's the location I'm talking about.. I'll upload picks tomorrow of my setup.. and it is very secure seeing how it is mounted to the car usuing the holes that the luggage anchors used to be in... I just removed them and bolted down the box.. It's a freaking tank..
Old 03-16-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Yea, that's the location I'm talking about.. I'll upload picks tomorrow of my setup.. and it is very secure seeing how it is mounted to the car usuing the holes that the luggage anchors used to be in... I just removed them and bolted down the box.. It's a freaking tank..[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69lemansguy
Yea, that's the location I'm talking about.. I'll upload picks tomorrow of my setup.. and it is very secure seeing how it is mounted to the car usuing the holes that the luggage anchors used to be in... I just removed them and bolted down the box.. It's a freaking tank..
Awesome, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, didn't get around to it today.. I will for sure tomorrow.. take a pic with the iphone and email to myself adn then photobucket it..
Old 03-17-2008, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

F me.. I didn't get around to it today.. someone post in here tomorrow or pm me as a reminder.. I will, just never seem to remember until it's dark out..
Old 03-17-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Slvr00Bird
F me.. I didn't get around to it today.. someone post in here tomorrow or pm me as a reminder.. I will, just never seem to remember until it's dark out..
haha, its all good man. ill shoot you a PM around lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 69lemansguy
haha, its all good man. ill shoot you a PM around lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
Sounds good buddy.. not problem.. anything I can do to help..
Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here ya go... finally remembered.. haha

Cars a little dirty and the wires could be tucked it but it was raining out so I figured I'd just get the pics to give you an idea...

In retro spec I wish I would have made the wires come out the side of the box or somewhere where they wouldn't bee seen at all.. or wish I would have recessed the amp.. Oh well, there's always improvements for the next box.. ... I'd really like to make a fiberglass one next though..

Old 03-18-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh... I also thought about mounting the amp on the back side of it.. I'm still thinking about putting another one there since my amp seems to be too weak after I switched head units...??? Oh well..

Good luck and lemme know what you think.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Regular

i cant see the pics on my work comp Damn gov comp, lol. Ill look it up as soon as i get home. Thanks for posting them up!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

that looks really nice. and like you said, there is room for improvement, or just simple modifications. I think im going to look into making something that could go on the shelf, roughly based off the pictures you posted and the ones KEE posted earlier. Ive never made a sub box before, but thats half the fun! thanks again for the help and ideas. if anyone has anymore input or wants to post some pics of custom setups, please let me know!