11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Anything else to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 02:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anything else to do?

So, last time I was at the track in the fall I ran a 12.21 @ 110.8 with a 1.72 60'. The car was still getting faster too, but I decided to leave since I had done enough runs (don't like feeling like I'm beating on my car)...

So right now I have all bolt ons, and am basically full weight (took the spare/jack out). I'm planning on sticking an UD pulley on there soon, and I'm wondering... is there anything else easy I can do to possibly let me hit 11's SI and basically full weight? I should have less than .1 left if the pulley does anything...
Old 03-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Banned

Short belt mod for the power steering pulley, you should see 11's then!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Your 60' time is weak. Get that down to a 1.60.

UD pulley
Suspension
Gears
Weight
Old 03-29-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of suspension stuff do you have, ie adjustable torque arm and shocks etc.?
I agree with MikeG, 60' time needs to come down..This will happen once you hook up.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MikeG
Your 60' time is weak. Get that down to a 1.60.

UD pulley
Suspension
Gears
Weight
Well I can do all of that except the weight. This is my nice car, so I don't want to be pulling anything out of it. The spare/jack is about as far as I'll go with that. My goal is 11's SI basically full weight. I don't think it's too ambitious of a goal...

Originally Posted by omcar
What kind of suspension stuff do you have, ie adjustable torque arm and shocks etc.?
I agree with MikeG, 60' time needs to come down..This will happen once you hook up.
I have absolutely nothing. Everything I have on the car is: Lid, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Pacesetter headers, 2.5" Duals w. Flowmaster single chambers, Yank SS3600, and Nitto 555Rs.

What would you suggest as far as suspension? (a torque arm might be trouble with my duals...) And do you think the Nitto's are good enough for those 1.6's if I do some suspension stuff?

Thanks guys.

Edit: Btw, another strange goal i have for this car is to have it on the street exactly as I ran it at the track. Eg I could have taken some things out for weight temporarily and taken out the swaybar at the track and been really close already, but that isn't the way I'm driving on the street, so I didn't do it. So that would mean no adjustable stuff that would be different just for the track or anything like that.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

you might be able to hit 11s full weight. itd be alot easier if you just took a lil weight out though. its not hard to pull out the interior and put it back in when youre done

get gears, drop the chokemasters, drop the swaybar (it takes 10 mins) do the shortbelt mod and good luck. i remember a few years ago, i wanted to hit 11s full weight. that got old real fast. im going for the 6spd S.I. record now.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:52 AM
11 Second Club

I agree with these guys.
Underdrive pulley .075 to .1
Bypass the flowmaster with a cut out. $25 plus $ to weld it in. .05 to .075
Dump the nittos. they suck ***. MT ET streets. Knocked .06 off my 60 ft.
I would hold off on suspension and see what this does. I still run stock suspension with the MT ET streets on 16PSI and hook almost every time.
The sway bar did not do a lot for me. I put it back on the car. Save that if you are right at 12.00 and need a little extra in a pinch.
Good luck
Old 03-30-2009, 03:32 AM
12 Second Club

Removing sway bar, relocating your battery and some drag rims with some MTs will get you there..

Last edited by Ls1Rook; 03-30-2009 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98TADRIVER
you might be able to hit 11s full weight. itd be alot easier if you just took a lil weight out though. its not hard to pull out the interior and put it back in when youre done

get gears, drop the chokemasters, drop the swaybar (it takes 10 mins) do the shortbelt mod and good luck. i remember a few years ago, i wanted to hit 11s full weight. that got old real fast. im going for the 6spd S.I. record now.
Originally Posted by LS1 FORMULA
I agree with these guys.
Underdrive pulley .075 to .1
Bypass the flowmaster with a cut out. $25 plus $ to weld it in. .05 to .075
Dump the nittos. they suck ***. MT ET streets. Knocked .06 off my 60 ft.
I would hold off on suspension and see what this does. I still run stock suspension with the MT ET streets on 16PSI and hook almost every time.
The sway bar did not do a lot for me. I put it back on the car. Save that if you are right at 12.00 and need a little extra in a pinch.
Good luck
Some of that stuff I can do, but other stuff goes against my "same as the street" style I'm going for. I know I can hit 11's easy if I start ripping stuff out, but that isn't my goal.

You guys realize that the flowmasters i have are the 10 series single chambers on duals, not the catback right? They're supposed to flow great, unlike the catback...

Alright. Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll see what I can do and I'll be back if I get it this summer
Old 03-30-2009, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

My mods on my car is just about the same as yours. I have 3.73 gears though, and i run the centerline warrior wheels. I have run a best of 11.90 with a 1.58 sixty foot. The MT drag radials are the way to go, nittos just do not stay consistent. I drive mine from the street to the strip every time and all around town without changing or removing anything.

Quick Reply: Anything else to do?