11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Am I Underestimating?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I Underestimating?

I am gathering the last few parts needed for my h/c/nos setup. I have my own speculations but I love hearing people's idea's, advice, and what they think the car will do. I belive I will be in the lower side of this Club....what do you think?

WHP?....WTQ?....PTV clearance ok?....AND of coarse E/T's?

My setup is as follows...

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:
Airlid, filter, MAF mod, P&P TB, EB Longtube 1&7/8's stepped headers to a y-pipe open! Zex big NOS kit w/20lb bottle and warmer currently unconnected. (Will run 100 shot after build)
3500 Stall w/Shiftkit along with built transmition. Refreshed 10-bolt rearend with 3.73 gears!

Suspension Modifications:
Performance rear springs, EB TQ arm, and lower control arms.

Wheels/Tires Modifications:
275/16 cheapy tires @ 19psi in rear wrapped around a set of 16in Rattle Canned black Eagle Alloy 5-spoke wheels.

Interior/Exterior Modifications:
VHT blacked out front corner markers, rear markers, and tailights. Burger pannel mod in Satin black.

Project Modifications:
I am currently gathering parts for a headcam swap. So far I have......

A set of new 5.3 heads assembled with new Patriot gold Spring and Retainer kit along with new seats and polished centerbolt valve covers. I am using time while gathering parts to remove texture from all ports and polish.

NEW NX3 Cam custom grind from Comp, sold by NX. Specs- *Speed10030 LS1/LS6 Stage 3 Cam SEAT 292-298, @50 235-239, LOBE LIFT .353-.341, VALVE LIFT .600-.580, C/L 112’

NEW 7.4 hard pushrods

NEW ARP 2000 Rodbolts

NEW 100 shot NOS nozzel

NEW LS6 timming chain kit

Will be getting LS6 intake, headbolts, GM gasket kit and other odds and ends.

Thank you guys...It sucks when it gets cold but at least I have a project going. Now the Question again....Whatcha think?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know what cheapy tires means but assuming its at least a drag radial I say ~11.5 with 420rwhp/390rwtq NA. Now if you had a 4000 stall, slicks and a fast92 then I would say high tens all day. I dont; know much about nitrous but I would guess a 100 shot would knock off about 1 second if you hook.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

I would be more than happy with those numbers! And any 10 would more than meet my goal as well!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 AM
11 Second Club

You're not going anywhere without decent tires. Why spend all that money and then put "cheapy" tires on? Doesn't make any sense.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:09 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MikeG
You're not going anywhere without decent tires. Why spend all that money and then put "cheapy" tires on? Doesn't make any sense.

HA....Yes that is pretty obvious. This is my 4th LS1 and second major project so...thanks for the bump anywaz I suppose. I had Chrome 11.5 ZR1's with 315's @ 15psi on my last Camaro. The crazy thing is that these little 225/55/R16 Fusions's actually hooked at the track pretty well and landed me a 12.98 with lid/stall/and headers only!

I will most likely get a used set of 16 E/T Streets to clear that issue. So.....what other numbers are out there...?
Old 11-17-2009, 08:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by drewwrxrogers
HA....Yes that is pretty obvious. This is my 4th LS1 and second major project so...thanks for the bump anywaz I suppose.
Well, you don't sound too experienced, sorry. I don't see what listing your aesthetic modifications is going to do to help us estimate your car's performance.

I had Chrome 11.5 ZR1's with 315's @ 15psi on my last Camaro.
Theres no such thing as an 11.5 ZR1.

The crazy thing is that these little 225/55/R16 Fusions's actually hooked at the track pretty well and landed me a 12.98 with lid/stall/and headers only!
12.98 with lid/stall/headers is hardly impressive. You probably would have ran a 12.4 if you had some drag radials mounted up.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
12 Second Club

LOL.."sounding experienced" is of little importance to me haha.

Tomz wheels sells the 11.5 inch wide chrome 17" ZR1's for the rear. They may call them 11 inches wide but measure them! I only purchased the Rear set for my SS and they matched the front FACTORY ZR1's so well that, other than width, you just could NOT tell the diffrence. They were wrapped with Nitto 315's and tucked nice.

And I only bring to attention my E/T because I was suprised to do anything more than spin at the track...not because I think its "impressive" at all. In fact I even said..."the funny thing is" hmmmm. I'll also make notice that I mentioned above, set aside from the rest of the text, at the very end....that I will be using E/T Streets. So again..tire issue solved. These were the wheels and tires on the car when I bought it people.

Anyway...

MC Racing also has the numbers in mind that were guessed above. Anything over 400RWHP without spray will more than make me happy. Close to 500RWHP with the Spray. I think that if my heads end up flowing nice #'s when I am done with them...I shouldn't be to far off!

Quick Reply: Am I Underestimating?