11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Royal Purple Raceway - 11.803 @ 118.09

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Purple Raceway - 11.803 @ 118.09

hit the track last week here in houston, 11/4/2011, and was able to bang out a personal best with crappy staging on my part ..
i plan on going back tomorrow and hitting a 11.5-11.7 .. my 60 fts's were killing me, my best all night was 1.7 with a 1.8 60ft during my 11.80 pass
-after some helpful suggestions i am going to try something new, let me know what you guys think

1st: rather than driving the front tires through the water box i will go around it as if i were on street tires so my rears dont follow the water from the front tires (so stupid i never considered that until someone mentioned it to me) then reverse my drag radials into the box mashing the gas just enough to wet them

2nd: be sure i am clear of the waterbox (naturally) and lay into it, from the suggestions / constructive critisism i asked for; i did not warm the NTo5r's up to enough
- only one problem for me, the car wants to float sideways when i try to stage. i am considering a line lock to help with keeping the car straight.. i start in M1 and try to feather it as long as possible without taking techs down

someone also suggested i start in M1 (A6), slowly begin staging and once the smoke starts flowing go into m2 and lay into it .. ill have to try it at the track i guess, not sure of the outcome ... i come from the world or AWD/FWD turbo cars so most everytime it is a new experiment for me at the track

3rd: tire pressure .. i have tried from 18psi up to 34psi on the nitto nto5rs; my best 60ft's have happened around 28-30psi .. from what i had read, these tires like a higher psi but i have too many people advising this psi is way to high and that an optimal psi on the nto5r's is between 20-22psi .. which seems to give me wheel hop, but i guess that could be due to improper staging.

i will ask the same of you guys as i revere many of you as pros; your suggestions / critisisms and tips are more than welcome if you have the time.
Thanks in advance
-Wade

now for the time slip pics and video against a MONSTER of a SRT8 Jeep

time slips for the night

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUEm0neanOE