12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

12.2@120-12.0@110? What's going on w/ mph

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Vegas
You should, at least it would run a respectable ET.

I had a C5Z 8 years ago, and it wasn't a 12 second car either.
Good for you dude. Keep telling yourself an HCI is a 12 sec car on here.

You would really help me with the Vette?
Old 12-21-2015, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
If you had followed what was going on with him and his car, you'd probably know that it is a heavy convertible and a "cam only" m6, so you'd have to go farther. Some people like the luxury of having a full weight car and ac! He didn't want to launch too hard and break the 10 bolt on an m6, and also got kicked out of his track since he didn't have a cage. So he really didn't have the opportunity to pull the 11 sec cam only pass off.

But anyone knows that his trap speed is good for at least and 11.8's with an m6. So this v6 car of yours that ran 11.60's bolt-on, a4 I'm guessing? probably 3300 race weight (with you included), at least a 3600 stall, drag pack? It easy to throw stones when you have a roller car with cloth seats, no ac, other weight reduction with a stalled auto. So in theory, my "cam only" which was probably 3800+ with me in it, only full exhaust, lid, cam, stall would have been right on par with yours if it weighed what yours did. Actually about .1 faster since you usually gain .1 tenth for every 100lbs. I was far from fbo and probably could have ran 11.40's easily being full weight with a bigger cam, fast 102 and some free mods.

We were actually trying to give this guy hope and let him know that he's on the right track here to get the et's he wants without really having to do much. (which is the truth).......We didn't really need to go this far off topic to discuss our vehicles, but when someone try's saying that it's "common" for a h/c/I, which is usually aftermarket heads, or worked by AI, etc.., a decent sized cam, and a fast setup to only run 12's then the record needs to be set straight.

That is on the uncommon side even in a full weight car. It's more common to see cam only cars in the 12's and they sure aren't trapping 120+ unless they've had a hefty diet.

OP, keep doing what you're doing and you'll easily be into the 11's with some seat time. There's only one guy on this post saying the total opposite of everyone else, so just enjoy your car and post back once you get updates

Edit: referring to Scotty's sig, what H/C/I car do you know that only put down 403rwhp? Because they should drive that thing right into the river.
Jesus, who pissed in your cheerios? I offered the OP help, and asked him questions. You brought up your turd of a car, then proceeded to make excuses as to why it sucked. That's your problem. And, just for arguments sake, we had an 02 full weight Trans Am with a 224 cam that went 11.20's all day. My beater 99 went 11.20's the first time out on the base tune, imagine how fast it would have been if I bench raced as hard as you do! Might have been in the 6's in my head!
Old 12-21-2015, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Good for you dude. Keep telling yourself an HCI is a 12 sec car on here.

You would really help me with the Vette?
Ok, maybe they aren't 12 second cars on the internet, but the sure as hell are at the dragstrip! Like I said, I've seen more 12 second HCI cars than cars that run impressive numbers.

And yes, I'll help you with yours. I'm not like this other goober that's just typing to see his words on the internet. I've helped tons of people, with all kinds of combos. That's what I enjoy most out of this hobby. Bring that vette, all the bolt ons in the world, and a case of beer to my garage and I'll personally help you install and tune it.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Jesus, who pissed in your cheerios? I offered the OP help, and asked him questions. You brought up your turd of a car, then proceeded to make excuses as to why it sucked. That's your problem. And, just for arguments sake, we had an 02 full weight Trans Am with a 224 cam that went 11.20's all day. My beater 99 went 11.20's the first time out on the base tune, imagine how fast it would have been if I bench raced as hard as you do! Might have been in the 6's in my head!
LOL

No full weight 02 trans am weighing 3600+ went 11.20's with a 224r cam, period! Even with heads and intake it would be a task with it being full weight. Not only do I bench race, I support my local drag strip each season getting at least 70+ passes in and I have numberous race videos, street and track. Now I guess you'll tell me that your 02 ta would beat my fi ta too.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

Ok, maybe they aren't 12 second cars on the internet, but the sure as hell are at the dragstrip! Like I said, I've seen more 12 second HCI cars than cars that run impressive numbers.

And yes, I'll help you with yours. I'm not like this other goober that's just typing to see his words on the internet. I've helped tons of people, with all kinds of combos. That's what I enjoy most out of this hobby. Bring that vette, all the bolt ons in the world, and a case of beer to my garage and I'll personally help you install and tune it.
Let's see these videos and timeslips of yours, I have both to backup my car. I want to see pics of the interior and mods as I'll show mine. Then we'll see who the goober spewing garbage about h/c/I ls1's running 12's. We have a pretty big track where I run, I'd say 500-750+ people on Friday nights and every H/C/I ls car is easily into the 11's, some high 10's.

I guess maybe I should have asked where you were from and what DA your track is before I assumed anything. But I assumed since your cam only ran 11.20's then it was a decent da or your car woiuld be running mid 10's cam only and full weight
Old 12-21-2015, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The car in my sig is nothing to brag about. It did what it did and I learned what not to do and why. Hopefully my next build has some good results and allows me to hurt some feelings haha. Think I've done enough homework and met the right people over this past year to put together a serious FBO in a C5Z that should run bottom 11's with ease.

My ears are always open so if you have some good advice pertaining to an M6 car I'd love to hear it.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

LOL

No full weight 02 trans am weighing 3600+ went 11.20's with a 224r cam, period! Even with heads and intake it would be a task with it being full weight. Not only do I bench race, I support my local drag strip each season getting at least 70+ passes in and I have numberous race videos, street and track. Now I guess you'll tell me that your 02 ta would beat my fi ta too.
Let's see these videos and timeslips of yours, I have both to backup my car. I want to see pics of the interior and mods as I'll show mine. Then we'll see who the goober spewing garbage about h/c/I ls1's running 12's. We have a pretty big track where I run, I'd say 500-750+ people on Friday nights and every H/C/I ls car is easily into the 11's, some high 10's.

I guess maybe I should have asked where you were from and what DA your track is before I assumed anything. But I assumed since your cam only ran 11.20's then it was a decent da or your car woiuld be running mid 10's cam only and full weight
Bro, relax your ****. It was user DriveATransAm's 2002 Trans Am, it went 11.20 back in 2004. We grudge raced the car, so timeslips weren't posted all over the place. However, if you REALLY want to see a video so bad of the car, you can buy Scandalous' Racing's YOU GOT THE HIT dvd and watch us beat a TT5.0 fox mustang back in 2004 on the street.

Great, I'm glad EVERYONE in STL has a FLYING HCI car. I'll remember that the next time I'm street racing down there. OMG have you heard that some people have even gone 9's!??!?!?!?!?!? Wow! I did not say ALL! I did say more often that not.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Bro, relax your ****. It was user DriveATransAm's 2002 Trans Am, it went 11.20 back in 2004. We grudge raced the car, so timeslips weren't posted all over the place. However, if you REALLY want to see a video so bad of the car, you can buy Scandalous' Racing's YOU GOT THE HIT dvd and watch us beat a TT5.0 fox mustang back in 2004 on the street.

Great, I'm glad EVERYONE in STL has a FLYING HCI car. I'll remember that the next time I'm street racing down there. OMG have you heard that some people have even gone 9's!??!?!?!?!?!? Wow! I did not say ALL! I did say more often that not.
Yeah, come on down to south county when you do, there's plenty of grudge cars from you to choose from, we have plenty for you, 8-13 second cars. I stand behind my statement, no full weight trans am, or Camaro ls1 went 11.20's cam only, Period!

BTW, if your car "supposedly" ran 11.20's full weight cam only, then why would you not think that a fbo H/C/I ls1 wouldn't run faster than 12's? Kind of contradicting, don't you think?

Edit: I would venture to say that in decent da, 90% of H/C/I ls1's are in the 11's min. If they aren't, then they'll be there with some seat time.

Last edited by Deeohgie69; 12-21-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, come on down to south county when you do, there's plenty of grudge cars from you to choose from, we have plenty for you, 8-13 second cars. I stand behind my statement, no full weight trans am, or Camaro ls1 went 11.20's cam only, Period!

BTW, if your car "supposedly" ran 11.20's full weight cam only, then why would you not think that a fbo H/C/I ls1 wouldn't run faster than 12's? Kind of contradicting, don't you think?
Jesus tapdancing Christ already. Were you dropped on your head as an infant? Goober, I already told you that yes, there are faster HCI cars out there in the whole wide world. I've seen cam only cars run 10.30's. One of our locals has an HCI car that has been in the 9's! Learn how to read already. MOST, not ALL run like dog ****.

And yes, I'm making this all up, even though I gave you the guys user name here on tech, and told you where to find a video. You've figured out my elaborate ruse that from which I stand to gain nothing! Way to go!
Old 12-21-2015, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Jesus tapdancing Christ already. Were you dropped on your head as an infant? Goober, I already told you that yes, there are faster HCI cars out there in the whole wide world. I've seen cam only cars run 10.30's. One of our locals has an HCI car that has been in the 9's! Learn how to read already. MOST, not ALL run like dog ****.

And yes, I'm making this all up, even though I gave you the guys user name here on tech, and told you where to find a video. You've figured out my elaborate ruse that from which I stand to gain nothing! Way to go!
I don't think I'm the one with the comprehension problem here. I never said you're making it up, I just think you're either full of **** or you need to get out a little more lol. I'd be willing to bet that if you took a poll on this site, that at least 90% of the users here that are HCI LS1's are running 11's and faster. Are the hci cars you're talking about running baby cams and unworked 243's?

Enlighten me here so I can unlearn how all these cars run good and I can make one run 12's?
Old 12-22-2015, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Eh, I disagree. I've seen more h/c/i cars in the 12's than the 11's. Many more bad combos and compromised combos than good combos. Especially banger cars, it takes a good driver to ET, anyone can MPH.

To the OP, did you shift at the same RPM each pass? That would explain the MPH flux somewhat. Did you do any data logging? HPT? When did you last do any basic maintnence? Plugs, fuel filter, plug wires not burnt?
You can disagree but he's giving numbers not just stating h/c/I. A 1.8 60' trapping 120 should be in the 11s period. If he missed a shift mph would be low, if he spun at the line, 60' would be higher. He has to go to another track to see if the numbers deviate.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back to OP's slips. It looks like he missed a shift. 1/8th mph should be higher. My car traps 120 in the 1/4 but my 1/8 is 94.5-95 with around a 1.8 60 ft.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nicelysedate
Back to OP's slips. It looks like he missed a shift. 1/8th mph should be higher. My car traps 120 in the 1/4 but my 1/8 is 94.5-95 with around a 1.8 60 ft.
I've missed a shift twice on the track and it ran a 12.5-12.6 both @113mph. But none of the slips that I posted on here were of a pass where I missed a gear. I consistently trapped 90-91 in the 1/8 shifting normally. I just need what everyone has been stating, more seat time and take the car to another track to see if this is a recurring problem

Quick Reply: 12.2@120-12.0@110? What's going on w/ mph