Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My opinions of the strano spring and koni 4/4 shock

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010 | 11:29 AM
TECH Regular

I'm deff enjoying my koni/strano set up. I can dinamically change the characteristics of the drive depending on what I want to do and you dont have to make huge changes to the shocks either. Each time I make an adj the car has a new limit and takes a bit of driving to explore and feel confident. But like any improvement to these cars it exposes weaknesses and mine is the stock sway bars. So Sam's hollow bars are next. Which means I get to have fun exploring a whole new limit they'll have to offer.
Old 05-08-2010 | 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Jditlfm, any luck with increasing your driving comfort (tire pressure, shock settings adjustments) ?
I have not been able to get time to play with it yet. I have people down my throat to work on there cars so ALL of my free time is going to them right now. But when i do I will post up my findings good bad or indifferent.
Old 05-10-2010 | 12:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
Haven't read any of the rest of the thread yet, but I totally agree with you.

I had Strano, 4/4, 35mm Strano front, 21mm SLP rear. It handled well, but I definitely think the shocks are over-rated. I think I would have been equally happy with a set of shocks worth half the price.

No longer have the parts or the car, but I'm trying to decide what to put on the wife's T/A eventually. Probably either Bilstein HDs or a set of QA1's if I want the drag strip adjustability.
I don't think you would have been equally happy with lesser shocks. Maybe, but it's pie in the sky stuff, since you don't really know until you try. I've got lots and lots of customers who's have lesser shocks and moved to Koni and found a massive difference. Can't say many move back, I can only think of one who did and liked it as much or better.

There are folks on this site who've had QA1's, and AGX's, and Bilstein's who put Koni's on (with no other changes) and find massive improvements. I know I can't stand lesser damping myself, and in fact would rather run stock springs and Koni's than my springs and shocks that are less than Koni. Shocks adn springs do different jobs. And I say now what I say all the time, shocks are the lynchpin that makes a suspension work.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: My opinions of the strano spring and koni 4/4 shock