LTX Shootout Covers all LTX Shootout events

Event Info!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY
It will be my first time at the event, it's one of my bucket list items. Tonight I will be doing a "run-over" of my Z, changing the oil, changing a few things around, blah blah blah. Cannot wait to run. I don't even know what I run with my new set-up, but I don't really care, I will just run index and have (A LOT of) fun with it.

Trailering from the Detroit area, reserved my room for two nights, and I'm ready to go!

I love this event and it's my second year but, I feel just as excited as the first time.

Glad you can make it your going to have a great time.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet again, my car doesn't want to go to the Shootout.

1st gear just checked out. Gone. Bye bye. Nothing there.

Taking it over to a buddy tomorrow night for a thrash.

Think it's the planetary, even though I already had a 5 pinion... same one as the Escalade I think. Fluid looks and smells good, so I don't think it was the clutches. We'll see when we get it apart.

Last year, the night before we were leaving for the Shootout, my front skinny came apart at 60 MPH and tore my driver side fender to hell. Got about 4 hours of sleep that night but I only left two hours late... with a stupid black front fender that Clayton and I had stuck on (and two new front tires), but I made it.

It's nice to see that my luck remains consistent.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TWS

Think it's the planetary, even though I already had a 5 pinion... same one as the Escalade I think. Fluid looks and smells good, so I don't think it was the clutches. We'll see when we get it apart.

Last year, the night before we were leaving for the Shootout, my front skinny came apart at 60 MPH and tore my driver side fender to hell. Got about 4 hours of sleep that night but I only left two hours late... with a stupid black front fender that Clayton and I had stuck on (and two new front tires), but I made it.

Wow, TWS, sorry to hear man. Good luck with getting everything back together. Damn.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS

Hang in there man it's going to get better. I hope you get it fixed in time.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:23 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Tranny should be coming apart today. Robby was slammed with previously scheduled work and is doing his damndest to even get to it today. He is doing me a favor by squeezing it in with no notice. Car itself is over at Tony's. Trailered it there Friday after dropping the trans at Robby's, and Tony and I changed the valve stem seals. I stayed until 12:30 AM but Tony kept working on my car until the job was done at 2 AM. That's the kind of great friend he is.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:24 PM

The event must be fun. I am too far to be part of this event. Wishing you all Good luck and Have fun!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good friends... it's always great to have good ones to back you up.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im going but just to watch and play pit crew for Jason (am_muscl) Love to meet you all, not sure how u will recognize me without my car though lol

Quick Reply: Event Info!