Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Vehicle dimensions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle dimensions?

Hello. For a class, I am supposed to produce a dynamic equation model of my T-top Trans Am (in sig). If anybody has the h dimension from the attached diagram (height of center of gravity), it would be a great help. I think I derived the a1 and a2 values correctly using the wheelbase and weight distribution figures, but if anyone had those for me to check against, that, too would be appreciated. If the model turns out well, I'll post the more relevant parts.
Attached Thumbnails Vehicle dimensions?-dimensions.jpg  
Old 04-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have the number for ya and I assume u'd already have the right equations (and prolly just not the right equipment) but as an aspiring engineer myself, leaving things in their assumed state only slows down the process...

http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/cog/

or for a more "technical looking" version of this u can always look it up in Race Car Vehicle Dynamics (Milliken brothers)

If it's a matter of equipment (or lack thereof) u can check with your school's FSAE team. Their equipment might be too small but they should be able to put u one step closer to the numbers (e.g. know of shops willing to help etc).

Pls post your results.

Regards,
Kurt

P.S. A porsche??? Blasphemous! where's the 3D [fully detailed] CAD drawing?