Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Methanol LSx

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Methanol LSx

After some discussions with my grandfather,

see pic..he's the one with the grey hair on the right...

His is a 614ci Marine BBC with a freaking blower that is custom made to HUGE!..lol Runs Methanol at around 12.5:1 compression. Pushes about 3,000hp or so. Runs the 180ft mud pit in around 2.0 seconds, I think less. He hasn't taken it out in a couple years. Just cranks it up once a month.

So anyways. With the new LSx block coming out and its advertised 2000hp handling capability I was having a discussion with him and he agreed with me that it would be fairly easy to build a blower motor using Methanol that would be able to put down some really good number. He thinks 1500hp would be easily made and on a motor that would last several seasons.

So has anyone ever done this? I did a search and didn't find anything. Everyone in the single digit club seems to be running racing fuel plus a power adder.

I was thinking of building a 427+ ci LSX motor with Methanol and a KenneBelle but I am not sure if it can provide the boost that I am looking at getting.

I have heard that there is no OEM style fuel injection system capable of providing enough fuel for the car to run those kinda numbers. My Grandfather uses a mechanical fuel injection system that uses pills to change the WOT fuel flow.

Anyways, I just wanted to see what others thought of this idea.

Quick Reply: Methanol LSx