Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Got hit, prolly need new rear bumper (at least), $ estimates

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Got hit, prolly need new rear bumper (at least), $ estimates

Okay, I am just looking for a rough idea that any of you may have (possibly from experience first hand, etc..) about what it will cost to fix my car. I got rear ended the other day on my way home from school on my birthday not but 2 miles from my house by my girlfriend!! She was following us so I could leave my car at home today and she would drive us back. Anyway, how much does it run to get a new rear bumper? Not sure what it'll need, my parents are taking it in sometime this week for estimates at a local place and our chevy our dealer. The bumper held up realy good considering the decent whack that it took. It's all scuffed up and the license plate got creamed. The whole bumper assembly is pushed forward and it created bulges on the sides right before it connects to where the next body panel is. Also, there are gaps that shouldn't be below the hatch and the panel (rear fascia with the lettering)above it as well as between the bottom of that panel and the top of the bumper. Any thoughts? Talk about a cruddy event. I always told her that she drove too close to people (b/c she lives in Chicago, I am sure) and I am the second person that she has hit. She is of course paying for it but I am hoping that it won't be too much.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Got hit, prolly need new rear bumper (at least), $ estimates

...g/f....probably $1200+
Old 09-14-2003, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Rear bumper alone replaced should be around $700-800 (Speaking from experience).
If there's more damage than that it can add up fast.
For instance if the tail panel needs to be replaced, that would probably be another $300.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Don't get used parts...
Old 09-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is bent down and the rear bumper is flared on both sides chances are that it bent the reinforcement which most problably bent the rear body panel. Used parts are not a bad thing it's A/M parts that stink, they usually don't fit right. At least with used you still get oem parts
cost would be anywhere from 700-1800. May even be more depending on the shop and what they want to do, like blending the rear quarters to match bumper cover(which doesn't really need to be done as bumper covers don't match the rest or the car from the factory)

Quick Reply: Got hit, prolly need new rear bumper (at least), $ estimates