Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

groundynamics

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default groundynamics

i was thinking of ordering the ram air 2 hood for the ls1. The hood is only $499 on grounddynamics, has anyone ever heard about the quality of those hoods? i know they arent a sponsor so i wont post the link. I'm debating on a vfn sunoco or the ram air 2?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

between the two, sunoco by far, the ram air hood doesnt even come close to flowing with the lines of the car

as far as the quality, most aftermarket hood manufacturers perform about the same, fitment issues here and there, nothing huge most of the time, but VFN is famous for their quality
Old 11-12-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i appreciate it the ram air looks so mean i have an aftermarket rs and cme combo the ram air might clutter the front but will the sunoco be too plain for the exterior mods done?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1TA
yeah i appreciate it the ram air looks so mean i have an aftermarket rs and cme combo the ram air might clutter the front but will the sunoco be too plain for the exterior mods done?
no way, i dont like the description too plain either, because you dont want EVERYTHING on the car to draw your attention at ALL TIMES. which means with all that stuff that youve got, nobodies going to know where to look, like you said, cluttered.

The sunoco just flows well with the car. the Ram air hood looks good on some cars, and they are called trans ams
Old 11-16-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol yeah i've decided that the simpleness that the sunoco offers is exactly what i need in a hood.

Quick Reply: groundynamics