Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Seats

I need a new drivers seat it has a MAssive tear in the back and a bunch of little ones all around, by the time I got it releathered it would be over 500 bucks the way everyone was quoteing me prices, so I figured I would upgrade, I priced out a set of corbeau seats with brackets it was just under 1000 bucks just plain cloth, I find bomz racing and a few other brands on ebay that are universal in Genuin leather and there only 600 with the universal brackets are they going to be confortable? How hard are they to install. Could I order brackets from corbeau for our cars? Would it take alot of cutting and drilling to get them to fit? Anyone who has any experiance or sites to check out would be awsome.

Thanks Jim
Old 11-20-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I upgraded to Recaro sportline seats this summer and had a 3rd gen bracket welded to the bottom to fit, but thee previous owners dad did that. Aftermarket seats are a great upgrade especially over the camaro seats they're not as comfortable as regular TA seats. Arizen is a sponsor on here and you may want to talk with them before going further as well. Good luck with the car.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can order all new, two-tone, upholstery from LeatherSeats.com for around $750.

As far as the racing seats go, I have no clue.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

K will I lose my electric controls? I dont mind just wondering my seat is so old and flattened out it sucks driving. Im thinking anything is better than these atm, but I dont want to spend more than say 600 bucks I would perfer leather cause my back seats are still in. Im thinking the pleather might be fine just to save money.Oh and I went to recaro.com and they were so expensive, what is the Hole to hole width for our seats somewhere around 14inchs?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000Z28ls1
K will I lose my electric controls? I dont mind just wondering my seat is so old and flattened out it sucks driving. Im thinking anything is better than these atm, but I dont want to spend more than say 600 bucks I would perfer leather cause my back seats are still in. Im thinking the pleather might be fine just to save money.Oh and I went to recaro.com and they were so expensive, what is the Hole to hole width for our seats somewhere around 14inchs?
Was that directed to me? If so, here's some answeres.

You will not lose your electric controls. The stuff you order is simply seat upholstery. You take off the old upholstery, and put on the new. It's not that hard and doesn't take more than a few hours.

The kit from leatherseats.com DOES come with the back seat, but like I said before cost in the $600+ range. Here's a link to one of their products. Link to LeatherSeats on Ebay.

As far as "Pleather" goes, HawksThirdGen has a great kit at a really good price. Infact, I have a set in my car and they are using the picture of it on their site, here's a link. Link to HawksThirdGen Seats.

They also have LS1 seats there. LS1 Seats Link.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what are you doing with your old seats? pm me.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont know if I want to spend that much on seat covers, I am more or less looking for more confortable newer seats, If you want my seats ill sell them to you cheap, but the drivers side is pretty messed up.