Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

98+ TA Fog Lamps in your 93-97 TA Install Guide

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default 98+ TA Fog Lamps in your 93-97 TA Install Guide

If you were like me and did not like the way after market fog lamps looked in LT1 TAs but didn't want to pay $300+ for a new set of factory lamps, this install guide is for you. The fact is you can buy new GM style lamps for the 98+ cars off e-bay all day long, a pair of new GM style knock off fog lamps costs HALF what new LT1 lamps cost. The 98+ stuff is also super abundant used and a nice set can be had for not much coin.

The LS1 bracket will not work on your LT1, the front part is similar but the rear mounting tab is much shorter. So how do you get the 98+ Lamps to fit your LT1? Simple.

93-97 on the Left, 98-02 on the right

93-97 Top, 98-02 Bottom

Disasmble your LT1 fog lamp down to the bare bracket it self. Save the adjustment stuff, I lost mine but it's better to try and reuse it if you can.

Disasmble the LS1 fog lamps, to do this, the adjustment screw simply unscrews. The two plastic clips are simple also. With a needle nose plier or even a screw driver, front the inside push the plastic rod out, once it is fully out you will be be able to take them out.

The plastic tabs mount the same way in the LT1 housing, how ever the adjustment screw is a bit tricky. If you reuse the 98 hardware you will need to flip the tab around, the screw will not thread with out modification with the tab in it's original orientation. If I was you, save your LT1 lamp adjustment stuff.

The fog lamps I bought are ok, they arent perfect, but they aren't cracked. Deals are to be had out there, I also went ahead and got some new bulbs. This was all kinda test fitting, but it shows it will work.

This is the part number I got for the Lt1 style Bulbs.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the write up. very cool.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No problem

Quick Reply: 98+ TA Fog Lamps in your 93-97 TA Install Guide