Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How do I remove the lenses over the gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How do I remove the lenses over the gauges?

The last owner didn't know how to properly detail anything in my car. The lenses over the gauges in direct sunlight looks like a spider web.

I have the products and know how to correct this and make sure it does happen again but I don't know how to get the lenses out.

I'll post before & after pictures for you detailing freaks ;-)
Old 09-26-2003, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: How do I remove the lenses over the gauges?

This is an expert from my Gauge install instructions:

Start by removing the big panel from under the steering wheel (the one with the power trunk release) I think it was held in with four 7mm bolts. Then the surround which is held in with two fasteners and four snap pins along the bottom. Getting this part out is tricky. To get myself just a little more room to get the surround out, I removed the little plastic cover from behind the turn signal lever. It is stubborn but if I recall correctly you need to squeeze it gently and give a slight pull forward and to the left. Once the little cover is off there is just enough room to squeeze out the surround. You lower the tilt steering wheel all the way down, pry out the four push pins and twist the lens to the back of the car and clockwise. BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCRATCH THE LENS WITH THE PUSH PINS! Now the gauge cluster is exposed. It is held in with four 7mm fasteners. Two on top and two on the bottom. To facilitate removing the gauge cluster I removed the lens first. It is clipped to a gauge pod use a larger screwdriver to gently pry the clips and pull out the lens. Then remove the gauge pod, pull it out a bit and sort of tilt it down and pull it out the remainder of the way. There are no wires to disconnect, it unplugs itself.

Quick Reply: How do I remove the lenses over the gauges?