Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mounting a Bowtie on a billet grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mounting a Bowtie on a billet grill

i'm planning on mounting a 69 camaro bowtie on on my billet grill, however, i ran into a little snag. There really isnt room for all the required fasteners between the billet and the bumper cover. Just wondering how people had dealt with this problem? I'll have pics up later today to explain, but if you could post pics of your solution, that would be great. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Mounting a Bowtie on a billet grill-img_1815.jpg   Mounting a Bowtie on a billet grill-img_1828.jpg   Mounting a Bowtie on a billet grill-img_1829.jpg  

Last edited by STEEPSS; 02-10-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is on the back of the bowtie to mount it?? are there hooks or is it just bolts?? ive heard of guys using zipties to mount them somehow.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Same thing here man with my 69 camaro SS emblem. I'm assuming it has 2 studs with a self cutting nut like mine did. I couldn't find anything other than what i ended up doing, which was attatching the emblem in the right spot, and zipping the rest of the studs off with a grinder. I won't be able to take it off, which is a downfall, but i didn't plan on taking it off for any reason anyways.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd mount a '69 chevelle emblem, not a camaro. The camaro angle doesn't line up near as well on our billet grill as the chevelle emblem does. You could try and make a bracket and rig up some longer studs in the emblem, but that tends to be a big hassle when the chevelle emblem is cake in comparison.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Photochop
I'd mount a '69 chevelle emblem, not a camaro. The camaro angle doesn't line up near as well on our billet grill as the chevelle emblem does.
I did have to mess with mine a bit, but it still works fine. I didn't know the chevelle grille had a bit less point at the time.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gordo78
I did have to mess with mine a bit, but it still works fine. I didn't know the chevelle grille had a bit less point at the time.
nor did I.

and yes, it has two studs on the back, each about 1.5 inches long. and a retainer with self-cutting nuts. So what exactly did you end up doing? did you use a retainer on the back? i understand the studs need to be cut, but that still leaves the issue of the lack of space between the billet grill and the bumper.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Gordo, can you post or send me some pics of yours?

Quick Reply: Mounting a Bowtie on a billet grill