Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Dashboard repair work help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard repair work help!

So on my way to work this morning my radar fell off the window and landed in such a strategic way, that it managed to puncture a small hole in my effing dash. Given it is no bigger than a dime, I would like to take care of it immediately to avoid buying a new dash.

Has this happened to anyone before, and is there something you would recommend. I've seen some quick fix its, but the car is predominately parked outside and I'm worried about that Texas summer heat will do more damage in the upcoming months!

I'll try to post a pic:
Attached Thumbnails Dashboard repair work help!-img_0178.jpg  
Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

damn that was a small one, i can barely see it. Not sure if you should do anything to it maybe you just make it more visible instead.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Definatly not to making it bigger! LOL! The pic quality sucks because it's off my iPhone.

I was just thinking about taking it to a a professional upholstery shop. However the last 2 said to take it to a dealer, and the dealer said take it to an upholstery shop... Arg! I really don't want to go with one of those little kits because when it gets to be 100+ degrees in the summer, I don't want it to start getting bigger.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have the piece that was knocked out of it? If so, go to a body shop and get them to use some plastic repair material (forget the name of it, but it's two parts and mixes in the nozzle. they use it to repair bumpers and what not.) and glue it back in from the back side. Only thing I can think of. It's the stuff I used to glue my door panel back together when it cracked all the way through.. DOH!!

Good luck

Quick Reply: Dashboard repair work help!