Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Interior Smell?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Smell?

Ok don't laugh, so I HAD 2 cars until yesterday when I sold my 02 ws6, I still have a 98 ta. My ws6 had perfect interior and it smelled new, my 98 has 13x,000 on the body and interior and it smells like it has some age as I bought the car not too long ago, I know I would keep it clean but it doesn't smell that way with whoever owned it before.

Anyways I was planning on taking all the seats on, and throwing in maybe 2 corbeau racing seats, then I was checking out some of those vinyl wraps on the interior pieces to give it that black color my 02 had as well as replacing headliner.

I'm wondering, what is the best way to get the car to smell clean, would the carpet be holding a lot of that smell? Oh and the car has a 408 and the exhaust is strong as hell so maybe that's making the interior stink too.

Any input? Thanks
Old 03-07-2009, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet the carpet getting a good ol' scrubbin' would definitely help. Sometimes god knows what gets soaked into the carpet and seats. I recommend cleaning your whole interior with some type of all purpose cleaner, scrub the carpet, wipe down all the panels and such.

I also use a Meguiars leather conditioner on everything. The seats, and the panels, and I keep some air fresheners under the seats. But one thing, your putting racing seats in, to sell the car?
Old 03-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might end up keeping it if I get a job and clean it up. It's going to take some time and money but I'm sure it can end up nicely. Thanks for the advice though, I'm going shopping today.

Quick Reply: Interior Smell?