Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

overlays?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default overlays?

Where can I get the overlays for my side t/a decals and inlays for the rear bumper as well as the front plate filler???
Old 12-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all from afterthoughsauto im pretty sure, thats where I got my camaro ones.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

6litredesigns has them. You can only get them a couple times a year, but they can be any color you want. I am going to get mine there hopefully the next group purchace. They look amazing. He has them all.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic02
Where can I get the overlays for my side t/a decals and inlays for the rear bumper as well as the front plate filler???
what kind of material are you looking to get/ how much are you looking to spend?

me personally. i'd only recommend stopping by www.emblempros.com for all of your overlay/fill-in pieces. quality is top-notch, and the prices aren't bad at all. and they have, IMO, the best looking options to choose from, thats my first choice for any of that stuff.

for budget purposes, you can always go with vinyls. check out ebay for some really good deals, or check out http://www.autografics.com/pages/birds4.htm -they got everything you should need
Old 12-07-2009, 01:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Breathing Fire
6litredesigns has them. You can only get them a couple times a year, but they can be any color you want. I am going to get mine there hopefully the next group purchace. They look amazing. He has them all.
you are thinking of the gauge overlays. the op was asking about the badging overlays. to the op WS6 store/afterthoughts auto sells the vinyl, emblem pros sells higher quality stainless
Old 12-07-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
what kind of material are you looking to get/ how much are you looking to spend?

me personally. i'd only recommend stopping by www.emblempros.com for all of your overlay/fill-in pieces. quality is top-notch, and the prices aren't bad at all. and they have, IMO, the best looking options to choose from, thats my first choice for any of that stuff.

for budget purposes, you can always go with vinyls. check out ebay for some really good deals, or check out http://www.autografics.com/pages/birds4.htm -they got everything you should need
the overlays is what just goes over the original ones right? how well do they stick? i want red ones to match the bird on my tail. I looked on emblempros.com and they look amazing. im guessing the front bird they refer to is the front plate filler right?
Old 12-07-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bwilde86
the overlays is what just goes over the original ones right? how well do they stick?
yep, the overlays fit directly over the stock emblems. they have a 3M tape backing. so all you do is peel the plastic covering the tape, and stick em on. very easy, and the tape is VERY strong, so you dont have to worry about them coming off.

Originally Posted by bwilde86
im guessing the front bird they refer to is the front plate filler right?
yeah the one for the lisence plate bird
Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
yep, the overlays fit directly over the stock emblems. they have a 3M tape backing. so all you do is peel the plastic covering the tape, and stick em on. very easy, and the tape is VERY strong, so you dont have to worry about them coming off.

yeah the one for the lisence plate bird
thanks crimson. i was worried about how well they stick on. i think i may pick up a set!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Thanx for the site crimson I'm gonna buy the plate filler/bird cover, side t/a covers, pontiac inlay and possibly the sail panels. What color should I go with??? just got a atomic orange color change and my rear bird is red... help...
Old 12-07-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanx for the site crimson I'm gonna buy the plate filler/bird cover, side t/a covers, pontiac inlay and possibly the sail panels. What color should I go with??? just got a atomic orange color change and my rear bird is red... help...
is atomic orange the sunburst orange? I love that color if its what im thinking of. I would go black. pictures of ur car may help too
Old 12-07-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Cant get my pics to load right on my profile or sig but you can look at my albums car isn't all the way done yet and the pics are shitty but youll get the idea. Atomic orange is an 09 ZO6 factory color with pearls in it.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cant get my pics to load right on my profile or sig but you can look at my albums car isn't all the way done yet and the pics are shitty but youll get the idea. Atomic orange is an 09 ZO6 factory color with pearls in it.
that color is amazing! i would go black with the overlays
Old 12-08-2009, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

What do you think about a black ceta mod with those considering my tails and 4 corner lights are being sprayed w black candy????
Old 12-08-2009, 03:03 AM
TECH Veteran

i think your car would look great with all black overlays/fill-ins. and if you dont like the rear bird being red against the color of your car, i'd say just take the rear panel off the car, sand it down with 250 to remove the original bird and then repaint it black. then buy some replacement decals in another color, i think a chrome would look really good. aplly them, and then all you have to do is re-clear coat the panel and you're done.

What do you think about a black ceta mod with those considering my tails and 4 corner lights are being sprayed w black candy????
IMO, the CETA mod is a MUST for all trans ams, except black. i've never seen it look bad before. if you want am idea of how it'll look on your car check out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3163726 -look towards the bottom of the page
Old 12-08-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

So i'm looking at all the vinyls and there is a reflective option for more $ will it be worth it and would it look any better than straight black??
Old 12-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Yeah atomic, i say go with black overlays, and black out the rear panel.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Veteran

So i'm looking at all the vinyls and there is a reflective option for more $ will it be worth it and would it look any better than straight black??
the reflective stripes will only be noticeable at night. so when another car drives toward you they will see your decals really good. thats about the only benefit you get. and i'm not even sure if i'd consider it a benefit

Quick Reply: overlays?